PDA

View Full Version : Another isolation play. Feel so weak tight sometimes on turn and river

RamGad
12-07-2004, 08:56 PM
Really think I should've done something different on turn as 4D is a great card for me. Still trying to deprogram myself from "monsters under bed" mentality on turn and river.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP folds, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Alobar
12-07-2004, 09:28 PM
I think you played it fine. Making a play on the turn would be a bad idea I think. You don't want to bet because you have to call a raise now that you have an OESD, he 3 bet the flop so its unlikely he is going to fold to yur checkraise, and getting 3 bet sucks even more than getting raised. If he was 3 betting his OESD on the flop, it just got there on the turn. If he was going for the free card with a flush draw, it would suck to give him one, but I think its the best choice here.

He didnt take the free card on the turn, so I think his river bet is more from a made hand than a busted flush. About all you can beat is A5, a fold here isnt bad unless you have a read on him as being super aggro.

Jeff W
12-07-2004, 10:27 PM
I don't agree that he should fold this river against an unknown getting 8.5:1. There is only 1 overcard to his pair. His opponent could conceivably have a strong missed draw like two overcard clubs that he bets on the river or a pair of 5s with another club. He could also have a pair of 5s. It's important that he's of unknown aggression level. I admit he's usually beat, but my judgement says to call this river profitably.

I agree that he played the rest of the hand fine.