PDA

View Full Version : Easy fold? If so, where?

Rubeskies
12-07-2004, 06:54 PM
Party 5/10 6-max

UTG is 25/6 preflop and fairly agressive postflop. I have no read on if he uses this agression correctly.
MP is a calling station.

Hero is on button with K /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif.

PREFLOP: UTG limps, MP limps, CO folds, <font color="red"> Hero raises </font> SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, MP calls.

FLOP: A /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB folds, <font color="red"> UTG bets </font> , MP calls, <font color="blue"> Hero calls?? </font>

TURN: A /images/graemlins/heart.gif

<font color="red"> UTG bets </font> , MP calls, <font color="blue"> Hero?? </font>

I think this kind of situation is a problem for me and am wondering if/where you would fold this. What about raising the flop? Does it accomplish anything?

Scotch78
12-07-2004, 07:08 PM
I'd raise the flop to make a jack or flush draw pay, and hopefully get some info if you're up against an ace.

Scott

aflaba
12-07-2004, 07:38 PM
I'd raise and fold if bet into on turn.

If not I'd bet the turn and fold to a raise.

Then I'd take a free showdown or fold if bet into.

can't say if it's good though

usmfan
12-07-2004, 07:51 PM
I definitely raise the flop and consider capping if 3bet. This lets you attempt to take control of the hand. That turn card is murder though. If he calls a 3bet or caps the flop, you've got to limit the hands you can put him on. His limp PF and cold call doesn't signal much. Leading out the flop could be a J trying to protect or a flush draw, that's why raising the flop is important. When the A comes you've got a real decision. You're not just worried about UTG whos is the aggressor, but also MP. To me you're beat at the turn 85% of the time. Your only hope is fill out with a K on the river and one of them is probably dead since it gives a lone heart a 4flush.
My line is probably to raise the flop. See if UTG or MP lead out the turn. If so, fold. If not, bet and fold if raised.

Rubeskies
12-07-2004, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your only hope is fill out with a K on the river and one of them is probably dead since it gives a lone heart a 4flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you aware that "filling out" means getting a full house which, according to my calculations, beats a flush?

Alobar
12-07-2004, 09:09 PM
a faily aggresive post flop player would prolly checkraise the ace, so id be more inclined to put him on a flush draw or a smaller pair. The calling stations call could be anything.

I raise the flop here. If you are 3 bet then you can think about folding, and if you are c/r on the turn def fold.

The turn sucks ass, if you had raised the flop it would be alot easier to play. I guess the way you played it, I juat call the turn, fold the river if a heart comes, or if SB checks and MP then bets.