PDA

View Full Version : Old people can't drive

kerssens
12-07-2004, 06:07 PM
And are frail. I bet he'll think twice before backing out of his driveway again.

Old man beat down (http://www.komotv.com/stories/34291.htm)

YourFoxyGrandma
12-07-2004, 06:27 PM
Who beats up an old guy?

BusterStacks
12-07-2004, 06:40 PM
Just today I saw this old biotch blow through a stop sign and run into this other car, spinning it into a baracade. Good god, old people are the worst drivers. Worse than women and asians combined! The 3 O's of bad driving:

* Old
* Oriental
* Ovaries

Look out!

daryn
12-07-2004, 06:41 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Just today I saw this old biotch blow through a stop sign and run into this other car, spinning it into a baracade. Good god, old people are the worst drivers. Worse than women and asians combined! The 3 O's of bad driving:

* Old
* Oriental
* Ovaries

Look out!

[/ QUOTE ]

i just want to say that buster's assessment is 100% correct.

SomethingClever
12-07-2004, 06:43 PM
Where's one-word answer man when you need him?

DUH!

dr. klopek
12-07-2004, 06:49 PM
beating up an old man: pure class.

Lazymeatball
12-07-2004, 07:31 PM
He's only 64, that's hardly so old he can't defend himself. I know a lot of guys in their 60's who could probably kick my ass (not saying much), but a large amount of people in their 60's can still drive competently, and can take a punch for chrissakes.

Sincere
12-08-2004, 10:46 PM
Very good points, besides, its just ignorant to beat up an old man, its much easier to just shoot him. Most of these kids nowadays pack heat anyway.

benfranklin
12-08-2004, 11:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Old people can't drive. And are frail. I bet he'll think twice before backing out of his driveway again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read the story and saw nothing to indicate the the older guy did anything wrong. How did you reach that conclusion?

Being older than dirt myself, I'm guessing that a 17 year old who has to "skid to a stop" in a residential area to avoid hitting a car might have been going a tad fast. How's that for jumping to a conclusion?

I bet that 17 year old will have lots of jail time to think twice about what he did too.

kerssens
12-08-2004, 11:47 PM
I sprinkled a little sarcasm in there.

nothumb
12-09-2004, 12:02 AM
It's true, old people can't drive. But their consistently tortoise-like speeds mitigate the hazard they pose to others somewhat. SOMEWHAT.

I think the better topic here is "Damn near everybody can't drive. Especially in winter."

NT

kerssens
12-09-2004, 12:09 AM
Well, I'd say that most people can drive but are just too damn impatient and selfish to drive safely. But old people just lose the capability. I used to live near a retirement community and I swear if you drive by that place you're dodging Chryslers and Caddys, you have to keep your head on a swivel.

ThaSaltCracka
12-09-2004, 12:11 AM
They also smell.

Zeno
12-09-2004, 12:58 AM
I'm 51 and will run any of young sniveling smartmouthed scum right off the road. Take me on and you will either die from the crash or a bullet from my 45 auto.

-Zeno

jakethebake
12-09-2004, 09:43 AM
I finally had to tell my mom to take away my grandmom's license herself or I was calling the license bureau. She had been diagnosed with alzheimers like two years before for God's sake, and sahe had crashed through someone's garage. My mom says, "She's not that bad." I said, "We'll see when she kills someone. And just so you know, Mom, I'm yanking yours long before you get like this."

jakethebake
12-09-2004, 09:45 AM
In Mizzery (Missouri) they issue licenses for either 6 or 7 years (I forget which), and you can still get one for that long up until your 76, so you could be driving at 82 and not have had your eyes testes in 6 years. That's just pure idiocy!

daveymck
12-09-2004, 09:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's true, old people can't drive. But their consistently tortoise-like speeds mitigate the hazard they pose to others somewhat. SOMEWHAT.

I think the better topic here is "Damn near everybody can't drive. Especially in winter."

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

The slow speeds can be a problem in itself. An old man drove in his disability electric buggy the wrong way down a motorway causing choas all the way, he got off at the next intersection and made his escape from the police.

kerssens
12-09-2004, 04:33 PM
Just coming back from lunch today I saw an old guy very slowly run through a four-way stop...it was amazing to see the utter chaos that ensued.

jakethebake
12-09-2004, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just coming back from lunch today I saw an old guy very slowly run through a four-way stop...it was amazing to see the utter chaos that ensued.

[/ QUOTE ]
I bet he just kept right on driving too. I love it when old people say, "I've never been in an accident. I've seen lots, but I'm such a good driver I always miss them." /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

kerssens
12-09-2004, 04:43 PM
He did keep driving...the funny thing was when he got throught he intersection there were 3 cars all trying to go at the same time and they ended up meeting in the middle hanging out their windows yelling at each other, there shaking fists a'plenty....road rage, gotta love it.

PoBoy321
12-09-2004, 04:57 PM
So I was home a little while ago, and there's this old guy who lives on my block and he's an awful driver. Luckily, he's in a nursing home now and he can't drive anymore, but while I was home, my neighbor told me to go take a drive by the post office. So I take a ride down there and I see the old guy's car, up over the curb, parked on the sidewalk. So I get back home and when he gets back I start talking to him. I ask him "Hey John, I saw that parking job you did down by the post office, are you having any trouble driving these days?" So he says "Oh, no, not at all. That happens all the time."

I /images/graemlins/heart.gif old people.

Flame Warrior
12-10-2004, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Luckily, he's in a nursing home now and he can't drive anymore,

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't wish misery on others. My grandmother was in a nursing home and it killed her before her time. You are a bastard.

jakethebake
12-10-2004, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Luckily, he's in a nursing home now and he can't drive anymore,

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't wish misery on others. My grandmother was in a nursing home and it killed her before her time. You are a bastard.

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't hear him wishing misery on anyone. And I think it's better he be in a home, than kill someone on the road. And all nursing homes aren't terrible places. My wife took care of her Granny for years with alzheimers because she couldn't bear to put her in a home. The crazy thing was, once she finally did, the more structured environment really seemed to help her.