PDA

View Full Version : Blind Stealing hand

djoyce003
12-07-2004, 06:06 PM
Ok, I was occassionaly stealing the blinds with a great degree of success when I attempted it and I was shooting for that here again. I think I have a leak in not getting away from hands when I try it and it fails. Critiques on all streets are appreciated. My opponent here was only 20% VPIP and only went to SD 23% of the time so he seemed like a prime candidate. In retrospect over the 58 hands I have on him in my database he has folded the BB to a steal 0% of the time.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

River: (5 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 7 BB

J.R.
12-07-2004, 06:22 PM
I'd play it the same, the flop call can be any number of overcards so firing another barrel is certainly reaosnable, and here you are against an opponent who can make some folds. The preflop and flop are standard. You river goot.

[ QUOTE ]
In retrospect over the 58 hands I have on him in my database he has folded the BB to a steal 0% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean 58 hands or 58 times whenr someone open-raise form steal psotion and he was in the BB. If the former, your stat is meaningless. If the latter, his vpip isn't 20.

djoyce003
12-07-2004, 06:30 PM
No...just 58 hands, so he's called a raise in the BB like 5 times out of 5

Aces McGee
12-07-2004, 06:34 PM
What's so good about the river card?

-McGee