PDA

View Full Version : Turn and River stopīnīgo

MoDOH
12-07-2004, 05:38 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed)

Unfortunatley no reads as I just sat down...

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP posts a blind of $3.
UTG folds, MP (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls $7 (All-In), MP calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (16.66 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>...

MoreWineII
12-07-2004, 05:47 PM
I'd be kind of nervous that the poster (MP3) has a straight, but not scared enough to -not- 3-bet the river with another player along for the ride.

I wonder about check-raising the turn. That's where I thought this line was headed when you just called the flop raise.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
12-07-2004, 05:56 PM
I think you should 3-bet the flop and go from there. The pot's big and this is no time to get fancy.

MisterKing
12-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Well, my gut tells me you missed some bets on the flop, but I'm having a hard time with that feeling given what Miller/Sklansky say in SSH about waiting for the turn when your opponents are unlikely to fold no matter what. That said, I'm pretty sure you want hands like 64 and A7/A5 out of the hand. Adding them in with the flush draw clearly dilutes your share of the pot equity.

On the turn, MP's bet could be any number of things. Yes, 86 is possible (he posted PF, right?), but 77, 55, 99, two pair, and a club draw are equally likely. Heck, a big /images/graemlins/spade.gif with a 9x or 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif-x seems possible too. Call me crazy, but I seriously contemplate a C/R on the turn, but if not that then betting out and calling seems ok too. I'm certainly not folding for 2 bets.

River: standard. The flush whiffed, MP's raise smacks of two pair or a smaller set (86 is still possible of course, but just much less likely than the other hands). I'm capping this if I have the chance... but then again I only play 2/4.

Nice hand. My question for you, what do you do if its Button raising the turn instead of MP? Do you 3-bet it?