PDA

View Full Version : Will Astros re-sign Beltran?

Ulysses
12-07-2004, 05:30 PM
The Astros have offered free agent center fielder Carlos Beltran $70 million over five years to re-sign with the team

mlb.com article (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20041206&content_id=919082&vkey=n ews_mlb&fext=.jsp)

ThaSaltCracka
12-07-2004, 05:34 PM
haven't heard a whole lot about the big names thus far, but probably will in the next couple weeks. I think personally they have 25% of resigning him. NY has a 50% chance, and the rest of the leagues teams have a 25% combined to sign him. I don't think 70 mill over 5 years will cut it, because I thought he wanted a deal closer to 10 years.

Zeno
12-07-2004, 06:39 PM
Beltran will sign with Seattle. He wants to play for the Mariners and will do so for the league minimum because he loves Seattle and the game of baseball so much.

Too bad for you El but your Astros are destined for the ash heap of History.

Bye-Bye.

-Zeno

nolanfan34
12-07-2004, 06:40 PM
No.

I think he'll be an Anaheim Angel.

I DON'T think he'll go to the Yankees though. I think Houston does have a shot at keeping him, to be sure. But I think Anaheim comes out on top.

nolanfan34
12-07-2004, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Beltran will sign with Seattle. He wants to play for the Mariners and will do so for the league minimum because he loves Seattle and the game of baseball so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Zeno, you are on a roll today, but you need to stop whatever it is you're smoking if you think this. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

hutz
12-11-2004, 12:31 PM
Now that Anaheim has signed Steve Finley, they made it somewhat more likely Houston will land Beltran. Not only did a major player in the market for Beltran fill its centerfield spot, they took away the risk that Drayton the meddler would force Tim Purpura to throw money away on an old former Astro (Finley) if Houston doesn't sign Beltran.