PDA

View Full Version : WSOP Innovation

05-12-2002, 05:32 PM
From Pokerpages :

"Matt Savage had decided that he wanted to stop the time-consuming 'squeezing' of the last card. So all-in river cards were now dealt face up. "

Hooray ! God I wish they did that over here. We'd get an extra 5 hands an hour.

Andy.

05-13-2002, 12:17 AM
Are they dealing the 7-card stud stud river cards face up? That makes it a much different game, strategically.

05-13-2002, 12:39 AM
I believe it is 7 stud.

Reading the SHOE tourney report from today, that is what happened on a big hand, even when it was 3 handed and only 1 person all-in.

Of course Philip Ivey won that hand.

05-13-2002, 03:43 AM
I suspect it is much more likely that the report was wrong in some way. I'm sure the river cards are only being dealt face up when there is no further betting - this is in Stud and Stud 8OB.

Andy.

05-16-2002, 02:03 PM
In a stud satellite. See I was at the dealer meeting prior to the tournament when Matt Savage mentioned it. Then in a satellite with a player all-in and no further action, all cards turned up, I gave the river cards face up to both players

and was reamed by the players and Mark Runz and his wife Angela, the daytime satellite supervisors. I of course told them that I was following the instructions as they were stated my the tournament co-director in the meeting that I attended that I believed they attended too.

But I do like the rule. Wonder what meeting they went too?