PDA

View Full Version : Low Suited Connectors, 4-Flush Flop

sy_or_bust
12-07-2004, 04:19 PM
MP2 is confidently LA-P, BB is typical LP-P, no read on CO.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG posts a blind of $0.05. CO posts a blind of $0.05.
UTG (poster) checks, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO (poster) checks, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (8 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls.

River: (18 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 22 BB

This is my first post here, but I've been lurking for a while and am generally impressed with the community. First, does this strategy of calling play correctly here, or should I have thrown in a raise at some point? My thinking generally was that my late position was less useful with MP2 raising directly before me, when any raise would essentially double the bet and discourage callers (i.e. on the flop). I feel like, on the flop, my flush outs and 5/4 possibilities are normally worth a re-raise, but without double-bets in the pot ahead of me, does this make sense?

By the turn I put CO/MP2 on trip 9s or ace/two pair, wasting my 5/4 outs. BB could easily be on draw as well. Was the turn call reasonable, considering odds and the 3-bet potential of MP2?

topspin
12-07-2004, 04:34 PM
I'd 3-bet the flop. You've got mundo equity here and with the previous action I don't think you need to be worried about everyone folding. Either the flop gets capped behind you for value and you're happy, or everyone calls and you may buy a free turn card if you need if (and again, you're happy).