PDA

View Full Version : REPORT DISCONNECTION ABUSE: save their future victims.

Sephus
12-07-2004, 04:11 PM
Dear my real name,

We appreciate you taking the time to report situations of alleged disconnect protection abuse at EmpirePoker.com.

Starting with the hand histories (or hand #s) that you sent to us, we performed an investigation that would allow us to examine thoroughly the account in question: "SupChill".

We have looked into the players records and collected all previous hands in which this player used the protection ... we have investigated the history of the player thoroughly and have found that not only was the hand you reported suspicious but this player has shown a pattern of suspicious disconnects in the past. Based on this information we have taken away the disconnect protection privilege for this player. In the event he is disconnected in the future his hand will be folded. We have sent an email to the player informing him of the investigation.

We thank you for taking the time to report your suspicions. Keeping the games honest is our highest priority. If you need any clarifications or have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
MuraliKrishnaP
Investigations Team for Poker
alerts@empirepoker.com
http://www.empirepoker.com

octop
12-07-2004, 04:21 PM
Great Job

The other day on poker now the board was k49k2 and the pot was about 80 dollars
This one player who bluffed a lot bets 80 and a guy types I have a crappy kicker and disconnects
As it turned out the other guy was bluffing and the abuser got the pot
I reported it to pokernow and in the chat advises the guy who lost the pot to do the same

djoyce003
12-07-2004, 04:29 PM
Yeah I see this quite a bit too even in limit. Big preflop raises and someone disconnects with a draw when it's 2 or 3 bets back to him. If i see it often I report it. I myself get disconnected by someone in my building with a lame ass wireless phone that kicks me off sometimes. I only do it if it's repeated and it's with hands where you suspect it's on purpose.

Non_Comformist
12-07-2004, 05:33 PM
I sent Party an email asking them to do away with the diconnect protection all together like many other sites have done. They replied saying they were working on eliminating disconnect protections from the NL games. It seemed like good news.

That was two months ago. Would have been nice if they just told me to F off instead.

gusly
12-07-2004, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I sent Party an email asking them to do away with the diconnect protection all together like many other sites have done.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think they should get rid of it completely. They should do what PokerStars does, have most tables with no disconnection protection, but keep some with protection for those times when legitimate connection issues arise.

I have a cable modem, so my connection is pretty solid, but at Party Poker I've had about 5 disconnects for no apparent reason during the past 2 months.

And it's great that this guy got caught, but I think the penalty should be a bit more severe... hopefully they did something more severe and just didn't tell you. I mean something like confiscating funds and distributing percentages to the players involved in hands where he cheated, and suspending him from the site for some amount of time.

ThePinkBunny
12-07-2004, 09:55 PM
This happened to me a long while back at Pokerroom.com. They gave me the 2 BB he didn't call ($40), but I don't know if they took any action against him.

Reporting people is for your own good /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Non_Comformist
12-07-2004, 10:07 PM
Another solution would be for the player who disconnects to only recieve the his own funds put into the pot if he wins the hand. This would take away profit potential from abuse.

AncientPC
12-07-2004, 10:11 PM
Yeah I just did this two days ago (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=inet&Number=1341808&Forum= f14&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=1341808&Sear ch=true&where=bodysub&Name=13821&daterange=1&newer val=1&newertype=w&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#P ost1341808).

Blarg
12-07-2004, 11:06 PM
People with dial-ups typically disconnect frequently. I disconnect several times an evening, easily.

The only time it would ever even draw attention is when it would matter, I would guess -- when it would seem shady. Who would even notice if I disconnected when I was out of a hand? The only time it would be noticeable was when it looked questionable, pretty much by definition.

I would hope that both players and sites are very careful before too many assumptions are made. I can assure you I have been disconnecting several times an evening for the last ten years and more, and will be doing so for as long as I use dial-up...and who knows how much longer that will be really.

P.S. I play 8 tables at a time usually. God knows how many opportunities per day people have to think I'm a cheating bastard when I disconnect.

Sephus
12-07-2004, 11:32 PM
people should still report it if it looks suspicious though. if the person in question just disconnects an awful lot, the poker site will see that and won't take it away. if the person disconnects only or mostly at key times, though, they put a stop to it.

AlaMike
12-08-2004, 11:38 AM
I turned in the same player....SupChill...last week on party .I got an Email saying he would be watched. Your report must have put him over the top. GOOD WORK.......Report all cheaters.