PDA

View Full Version : College football--why talk only about the pros?

08-31-2001, 09:14 AM
I am a very inexperienced sports bettor. So inexperienced I haven't laid a wager with any book, ever. I've done plenty of betting with friends, which I've done pretty well at, but betting 5-10 bucks a time is nothing more than entertainment. Now, I've always followed college football, and have convinced myself after tracking my performance against the line last year (52-21-3) that I should start betting some real $$ with an online book.

What's the reason everyone seems to talk only about the pros? I've come up with a few, such as predictability and statistics meaning more, but to me that is not an overriding factor. College football combines that with the emotional state of a team, something I don't believe makes as significant a difference as it does in the NFL.

If this has been covered in the archives, could someone direct me to the right place?

Thanks,

Bill

08-31-2001, 06:59 PM
You are reading too much into it. Fact is most people talk about the pros simply because the pros are more popular. This has nothing to do with what game has better value in it. People like to watch the pros so they equally like to bet the pros. If you didn't grow up with love for a certain college team and/or didn't go to a school with a big football program then you are by default going to put a lot more into the pros. If all this site was about was getting the money then we would be posting plays of the day and discussing baseball strategy, that is where most of the money is to be made.

09-01-2001, 09:13 AM
where college football is a religion....gl