PDA

View Full Version : Who would be the most prolific poster if....

fnord_too
12-07-2004, 03:29 PM
it was based on word count rather than number of posts?

namknils
12-07-2004, 03:31 PM
me

kerssens
12-07-2004, 03:32 PM
Probably whoever had the greatest number of posts.

ThaSaltCracka
12-07-2004, 03:36 PM
probably someone that posts in the politics forum with 3k posts, each post on average having like 700-800 wors in each one. Although I posted a 1200 word essay in their once, haha

AngryCola
12-07-2004, 03:40 PM
The word count doesn't always mean very much. Sometimes it's just a lot of repetative crap.

I'm not sure how important the word count is, it seems to me the content of the post is the most important factor to judge.

After all, is word count really something to base our judgements on? Most good posters can say what they want using fewer words than most.

Why is word count so important? Sometimes theres just no rhythm or substance to what they are saying. It's really just the same idea repeated over and over again.

If you want to base the value of a poster on word count, I think that's silly. Anyone can post a lot of words over and over, and none of it has to be intelligent.

Many times I'll read a post with only a small amount of value, but it somehow required an extreme amount of words to explain. Usually this is due to the original poster not being concise enough.

In short, I don't really think word count is important. Most of the time it's just repetative crap. Most good posters can make their case while using fewer words than the average mortal. It seems to me the most important factor to judge is the content.

After all, anyone can post a lot of words. Most of the time the post isn't really deserving of the amount of words given to it by the author.

Many times I'll read a post with many words and only a small amount of value.

WEASEL45
12-07-2004, 03:44 PM
One Word Comeback

Sponger15SB
12-07-2004, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it was based on word count rather than number of posts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Blarg and Microbob.

End of Thread.

One Word Answer
12-07-2004, 03:48 PM
who?

spamuell
12-07-2004, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Blarg and Microbob.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I was going to say. I once even PMed Blarg and told him to not write so much because I couldn't be bothered to read his posts.

Understandably, he was pretty pi[/i]ssed.

B00T
12-07-2004, 03:54 PM
MicroBob definitely writes like 10 times as much as needs to get across his point. I enjoy his posts but I think he would be better suited for a politician giving speeches than a poker player /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

ThaSaltCracka
12-07-2004, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Blarg and Microbob.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I was going to say. I once even PMed Blarg and told him to not write so much because I couldn't be bothered to read his posts.

Understandably, he was pretty pi[/i]ssed.

[/ QUOTE ]I would get pissed to, Blarg is an awesome poster.

thirddan
12-07-2004, 04:05 PM
elysium....

beerbandit
12-07-2004, 04:20 PM
elysium

have seen anything from him(i think) in a while

cheers

bosoxfan
12-07-2004, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The word count doesn't always mean very much. Sometimes it's just a lot of repetative crap.

I'm not sure how important the word count is, it seems to me the content of the post is the most important factor to judge.

After all, is word count really something to base our judgements on? Most good posters can say what they want using fewer words than most.

Why is word count so important? Sometimes theres just no rhythm or substance to what they are saying. It's really just the same idea repeated over and over again.

If you want to base the value of a poster on word count, I think that's silly. Anyone can post a lot of words over and over, and none of it has to be intelligent.

Many times I'll read a post with only a small amount of value, but it somehow required an extreme amount of words to explain. Usually this is due to the original poster not being concise enough.

In short, I don't really think word count is important. Most of the time it's just repetative crap. Most good posters can make their case while using fewer words than the average mortal. It seems to me the most important factor to judge is the content.

After all, anyone can post a lot of words. Most of the time the post isn't really deserving of the amount of words given to it by the author.
<font color="red"> Many times I'll read a post with many words and only a small amount of value. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

like this one? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

lu_hawk
12-07-2004, 04:32 PM
elysium. I miss him.

Topflight
12-07-2004, 04:40 PM
I like Blarg posts. you ahole. haha!

AngryCola
12-07-2004, 05:08 PM
You forgot...

"In short" /images/graemlins/wink.gif