PDA

View Full Version : Another 10 10 hand

JimRivett
12-07-2004, 02:42 PM
2/4 Party full game.

I've just joined the game, posted the big blind, it's now 3 hands later and I'm on the button in seat 1. I have no reads on any of these guys.

Folded to Seat 6 who limps, folded to seat 8 who raises, seat 10 cold calls 2, I 3 bet with 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, blinds fold, seat 6 calls 2 more, seat 8 caps, we all call.

Four of us to flop and I'm almost wishing I'd folded pre flop.

Flop is J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Check, bet, fold and I raise, folded back to the pre flop capper who now 3 bets, I ........

D.H.
12-07-2004, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Check, bet, fold and I raise, folded back to the pre flop capper who now 3 bets, I ........

[/ QUOTE ]

... call and hope for a 10. You can't fold for one more bet now that the pot is this big ( > 20SB ).

sthief09
12-07-2004, 03:34 PM
you should have folded to the first bet. why would you raise?

Rah
12-07-2004, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get the raise either. The pot may be too big to fold here, but I don't see what a raise would accomplish. Call down, hope for the turn to bring a ten or a nice draw - otherwise check/fold.

chesspain
12-07-2004, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At first I thought Hero should have just called the initial flop bet, although on further review, seeing how with only two mediocre backdoor draws and a chance that a set will actually put him behind the only reasonable hand against which he may now be ahead...I agree with the choice to fold. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

JimRivett
12-07-2004, 07:28 PM
I folded to his flop reraise.

I figured I was probably behind and drawing thin.The flop raise was an attempt at a free card, however his reraise put an end to that plan.

Certainly folding to his flop bet has merit, but I wanted to take a shot at a free showdown.

Thanks, Jim

sthief09
12-07-2004, 07:35 PM
a free card improves your effective odds. you are behind and drawing thin probably 90% of the time here. You'll improve to the best hand 10% of the time. your effective odds don't justify calling, even if your plan for a free card works. your flop raise is bad. your post indicates that you think it might be best. It IS best.