PDA

View Full Version : Very weak plays (I think)

jcm4ccc
12-07-2004, 02:41 PM
Blinds were 100/200, I have about 1000 chips. 7-handed. The blinds will hit me in about 5 hands.

I am dealt 88 and am getting ready to go all-in. Someone with a slightly smaller stack goes all-in before I get a chance. It is folded to me. I fold.

I am dealt AQo and am getting ready to go all-in. Someone with a larger stack raises it 3XBB. It is folded to me. I fold.

I hate entering a pot in this situation with zero fold equity. Should I have bitten the bullet and entered these pots? What is the minimum hand I should have to go all-in in this kind of situation?

tigerite
12-07-2004, 02:45 PM
The first one I think you have to bite the bullet and call. If he is lower stack than you, then his pushing hands could be Ax, lower pockets, even Kx in some cases. There's too many hands you are ahead of in my opinion. Yes you may end up a coinflip but you will more than likely anyway with your current stack, if a big stack calls you. As for the second one. Well, that's trickier, as you have no fold equity and he's bound to call. But again you are likely ahead or a coin flip, I probably would also push this one, this is a much closer decision than the first one for me though. Would be interested in other opinions..