PDA

View Full Version : 10 10 hand

JimRivett
12-07-2004, 02:31 PM
Party Poker 2/4, 9 handed.

My opponent in this hand has recently made it to one of those "whose the best Party 2/4 players" posts. I'm not sure if he qualifies for being "one of the best", however it wouldn't surprise me if he is in fact a winning player.

Let me set the table, button is seat 10, I'm in the cut off, my opponent is in seat 6.

Folded to seat 6, who raises, folded to me (seat 8 is open), I 3 bet with 10 10, club and diamond, blinds fold seat 6 calls. Heads up to the flop.

Flop comes 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

He bets, I raise, he calls.

Turn is 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

He bets, I call.

River is J /images/graemlins/club.gif

He checks, I ..........

djoyce003
12-07-2004, 02:38 PM
I check behind. He did raise preflop, he might have the ace. If he calls you are beat. I think a value bet is probably very thinly profitable here. The last thing I want is a check raise here, and you might get one. Maybe he has the ace but is worried you were hanging around with a five in your hand and are waiting to check raise the river. If he has nothing, he's going to fold to your river bet, if he has the ace he'll call. If he has the flush he'll raise.

JimRivett
12-07-2004, 07:23 PM
The river action went check, check, he showed 99 and my tens were good.

My feeling here was that he didn't have an ace, he didn't have a flush and he didn't have a 5, what I felt he had was a pocket pair. A river bet would not have made a better hand fold so I checked it down.

Thanks, Jim