PDA

View Full Version : Played me like a little ...

phillydilly
12-07-2004, 02:29 PM
I run the risk here of getting torn up for the river raise, but i'd like opinions regardless

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

jrz1972
12-07-2004, 02:31 PM
Looks fine except for the river raise. I would just call down after I get check-raised on the turn.

btspider
12-07-2004, 02:42 PM
what was your reasoning behind the river raise?

Aaron W.
12-07-2004, 02:47 PM
Unless SB is a known LAG or tricky/decent player, I'd just call it down.

Part of me doesn't quite believe SB has a 3 and that he might be getting silly with A9. That makes me want to 3-bet the turn. But I'm assuming SB isn't standard loose passive when I say that.

phillydilly
12-07-2004, 02:57 PM
In retrospect, my river raise was probably just lapse in judgement. Just looked and thought it was so obvious he was representing a 3, I just didn't think he had it.

The good news is he wasnt representing a 3
The bad news is he was representing his pocket 99

VBM
12-07-2004, 03:03 PM
guessing he made trip-3's or boated up on the turn? it'd be a very weirdly played 9A or something but i suppose that's possible too.

the river obviously is the discussion point that sticks out the most in this hand and I'm wondering what your reasoning is?

It can't reasonably be to win the hand outright as villain bet into you after raising the turn; he wont' fold to a raise here unless you're trying to sell him you made tens full? even so, i don't think he'd fold this...

For value? you must believe you have the best hand here for that, and i'm not sure why you would, given the action preceding, unless you did have villain playing 9A in a weird way.

JJ is a strong holding, but your action following the turn raise becomes a highly read-dependent call. Do you believe villain is erratic enough to check-raise a paired board vs a PFR?

Or, do you believe that villain is tight-weak/unimaginative enough to just follow along w/ the action until a great card for him comes along? With this sized pot, and no reads on villain, after he raises you, you should be thinking if you're ready to call 2BB for 7BB. If you do decide to call here, folding the river feels like a mistake to me. Raising the river on a non-J seems like purposeless aggression.

i'd either fold outright or call/call and i don't think i'd call/call unless i felt very strongly this was a very erratic opponent.