PDA

View Full Version : KQs - Confused.

12-07-2004, 02:28 PM
Button is a LA-A. 56/8.
Not too sure about the other callers.

This hand felt like a confusing mess from the flop on. Somebody make sense of it for me.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

River: (17.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 17.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 17.25 BB, between BB, MP3, Hero and Button.</font>

Thx.

12-07-2004, 04:39 PM
&lt;nt&gt;

lil'
12-07-2004, 04:41 PM
Why no turn raise?

If you're drawing to a hand, then you hit it, you should be happy /images/graemlins/smile.gif, not scared /images/graemlins/shocked.gif.

12-07-2004, 04:47 PM
I considered that option to but yes I did get scared when I hit my draw because the BB bet suddenly confused me. He/she could be betting the most likely 2-pair and I still had the flop raiser behind me. I could to see the button's action.

Lost Wages
12-07-2004, 04:47 PM
The flop is a complete airball for you. With a loose aggressive button behind you I see no reason to bet. Check and call if there is no raise.

On the turn, raise. Make the button pay to continue with his middle pair, ace high or whatever.

Lost Wages

J.R.
12-07-2004, 04:49 PM
Depending on your read of the BB, I would either call out of fear that the BB had a monster, raise or if feeling really frisky check 3-bet the button's expected turn raise (unelss scared of the BB). But most often I would just raise the turn because the button is loose and aggressive and I can beat many crappy queens the BB could hold. More or less I'd need a good reason not to raise this turn to do otherwise.

I'm not sure I so really care for the flop bet, you can say you like the button raising and giving you protection but you need to hit to win as I can't see K high being good, you have a lot of opponents and as the button is loose and aggresisve you aren't likely to buy yourself psoition and a free river card. But that's not to say the flop bet is meritless, especially if the three people acting ahead of you are loose passive 2-4ers.