PDA

View Full Version : AA played wrong??

jah0550
12-07-2004, 01:56 PM
Last night on Party. $20 2 table SNG-4 handed. Blinds t300. Relevant stacks:
Button (5000)
Hero (3000)
BB (6000)
Hero is in the SB with A /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gif. UTG folds and button calls. Hero raises to 975. BB and button both call.
Flop:
J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero pushes all-in. Both call. Button catches a flush on the river. My question is should I have gone all-in PF? There was already 750 out there when it was my turn to act PF. With ~3000 chips, does it fall into the "10x the BB rule?" When I can add 25% to my stack by going all-in PF, should I have or would I be "wasteing" aces by pushing them PF?

tigerite
12-07-2004, 02:41 PM
I would have pushed preflop.

zephyr
12-07-2004, 02:51 PM
There are arguments for both sides: pushing preflop, or raising preflop. If you've been doing a lot of stealing I think that a push is fine as players may put you on a steal and call.

Typically, I'd bring this one in for a raise. Probably for a touch more than you did, say 1200 or so. Your push on the flop is fine imo.

Zephyr

pshreck
12-07-2004, 02:53 PM
You didnt play it wrong. In situations like this, the two hands you can play this way are AA and KK. You want action, and you are willing to risk being busted to gain chips. Odds are if one of these guys hits top pair, you will get all your chips in with a large advantage, if not, you pick up a massive pot anyways.

You are being results oriented. Most of the time you make this play you either double up or win a nice pot. 1 in 4 or 5x this will happen.