PDA

View Full Version : AJo - Got in trouble defending my blind

12-07-2004, 01:54 PM
Button is a TAG.
BB is slightly LOP.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, Button checks.

River: (6 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Button folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 6 BB, won by BB.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to BB.</font>

As you can see, I knew I was ahead of button, my big problem was shaking off the LOOPY BB.
Who bets this turn?
Who bets or check/calls this river?
Anything else different?

Fat Nicky
12-07-2004, 02:09 PM
I think I play it the same way. I hate these blind steal/defend situations. I never feel comfortable.

Grease
12-07-2004, 02:33 PM
I think I play it the same way too. These situations are always tough, but I think if you keep betting, you'll just get called by the BB.

12-07-2004, 02:36 PM
Do you think calling this river wins me the hand 12.5% of the time?

MoreWineII
12-07-2004, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you think calling this river wins me the hand 12.5% of the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubtful. The BB *did* call two bets cold.

shabamgoddam
12-07-2004, 03:44 PM
This is a situation I find myself faced with rather frequently. I will usually re-raise here with any reasonable hand to combat blind thefts, AJo does qualify. Leading on the flop is ok because of the pfr, maybe you can take it down if the button and BB have nothing. I would have slowed right down the same way on the turn and look for a chance to fold. I would have played this the same way, i think protecting my blinds with a reasonable hand is very necc. Sometimes you miss though. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif