PDA

View Full Version : did i play this right

Page Jacobson
12-07-2004, 01:23 PM
This is a party $11 nl single table tourny level 2 all ten players still alive. I'm utg and dealt pocket 7's. I limp and 5 more do the same and we take the flop 6 handed and the pot $180. The flop is J 5 8 rainbow and it gets checked around. The turn is a 4, I check, one guy bets 30 and the next guy makes it 60 and it folds back around to me. I figured 6 outs for an odds against of 8 to 1. The pot only offered me 5 to 1 so I folded. Naturally a 6 came on the river and both players went all in with two pair, the guy with J 8 taking the pot.

rjb03
12-07-2004, 01:36 PM
This is an example of results oriented thinking. Don't let the results of a hand influence how you think you should have played the hand. However, if it is cheap to call and you think you have good implied odds it may be correct to call.

stillnotking
12-07-2004, 01:37 PM
You played it right. Even if you'd been getting the right odds to call, you don't know whether the initial bettor will reraise, and you don't know how many of your outs are good. This is a very bad spot to draw. Especially in a $10 SNG -- there will be many more profitable opportunities coming your way.