PDA

View Full Version : Being an poor sport is -EV

Michael C.
12-07-2004, 01:00 PM
I'm kind of new to no limit poker, although I have played a lot of limit. I recently got a Party Poker account, and thanks to some reading, this board, and playing a lot of $30-100 SNG's I've been doing well so far. So every once in a while I step up to the $215's just to test myself against good players, and to try to learn. And I've been very lucky and have held my own. But some people at those high level games like to make comments about bad plays, etc. And it seems to me that's just very stupid. Considering that your EV is going to be very low without fish or semi-fish, why would you want to drive them away? You'd think someone smart enough to play the $215 game well would be smart enough to figure that out, but I guess some people let their ego get the best of them. And maybe that's one reason they aren't better than $215 SNG players...

SlowStroke
12-07-2004, 01:14 PM
People play poker for different reasons.

Some play for the fun of the game.
Some play for the money.
Many play for their ego.

captZEEbo1
12-08-2004, 03:59 AM
people do rash things caught up in the heat of the moment, especially if it's costing them lots of $$$

stripsqueez
12-08-2004, 04:22 AM
i think it being - or + EV is not really the point

its a game and anybody doing something gratuitous outside the game to interfere with someone elses enjoyment should not be tolerated

stripqueez - chickenhawk