PDA

View Full Version : Getting the most out of poker tracker gametime stats

jacks321
12-07-2004, 12:37 PM
I've been using Gametime with Poker Tracker for a little while and I have a few questions. I understand the value in most available stats and how to adjust my game accordingly. The two I'm unsure about are the stats related to showdown - "went to showdown" and "won $ at showdown". What do these stats infer about a player and how should your play be adjusted accordingly depending on the numbers? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Douper
12-07-2004, 12:53 PM
someone with a high "went to showdown" percent - does just that, they goto the show down a lot, which means they are less likely to fold to a bet/raise. conversly, someone with a low WTSD is more likely to fold when you bet or raise, however, if they do stay they are more likely to have a hand.

W$SD is how often they win when they flip up the cards. If this is low, the player tends to goto the showdown with worse hands like second pair, bottom pair and even high cards more often. someone with a W$SD over say 60% probably isn't going without more than 2pr most of the time.

Now, keep in mind this isn't really going to converge on their true number for at least a few hundred hands. anything less than 50 or 100 or 1000 (sample size man, where are you now??) is almost worthless.

Lost Wages
12-07-2004, 04:32 PM
You nailed it. W$SD is worthless, don't clutter your screen with that stat.

WTSD is a measure of postflop looseness/tightness much as VP$IP is for preflop. Against someone with a high WTSD; value bet marginal hands more, bluff and semibluff less. Against someone with a low WTSD do the opposite.

Lost Wages

Any Two Suited
12-07-2004, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Against someone with a high WTSD; value bet marginal hands more, bluff and semibluff less. Against someone with a low WTSD do the opposite.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are your threshold values for "high" and "low" in these categories?

Thanks.

Any Two Suited
12-07-2004, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Against someone with a high WTSD; value bet marginal hands more, bluff and semibluff less. Against someone with a low WTSD do the opposite.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are your threshold values for "high" and "low" for this statistic?

Thanks.

driller
12-07-2004, 06:28 PM
I have read several posts that indicate that a W$SD much greater than 50% indicates that you are folding too much. I am beating both 3-6 (3.06 BB/100) and 5-10 (3.6 BB/100) and my W$SD are 48.78% and 50.14% respectively. My WSD is around 33% for both.

On the other hand of the top 19 money winners (other than myself) in my db, only 4 are below 70% W$SD and none are below 50%. I think this is mostly an indication of short term good luck though. I only have a little over 12000 hands since I'm only looking at hands since 9/20/04.

jacks321
12-07-2004, 08:44 PM
Very helpful advice, thanks to all for the input.

Lost Wages
12-07-2004, 11:11 PM
I don't have a "threshold" value per se, it's more of a sliding scale. Average for a typical player is low 30's (varies by game a bit). If they are within a few points plus or minus I just assume average. The further they are from average, the more you would change you default play to adjust.

Lost Wages