PDA

View Full Version : K3os in BB, flop TP what to do?

pstripling
12-07-2004, 12:12 PM
I'm trying to improve my post flop play, here is a common situation that I'm hoping some of the better players here can help me with. Table is fairly tight.

10 handed PartyPoker 3/6
Hero is BB

MP1 calls, CO calls, SB calls, Hero (K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif) checks

4sb
FLOP: K /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (4 players)

SB bets, Hero ????

SB could bet a wide range of hands here, if it were heads up I would raise and call down. But with 2 people still to act I could be looking at multiple raises if they have some of this flop or a solid draw. Is a fold the best option here given the smallish pot?

On a side note.... this hand happens to have kings as the top pair. If you would call with the kings would you also call with J3os with a flop of J75? I ask this only because with ace or king/no kicker you are much less vulnerable to overcards, just wanted to see how much that plays into the decision. Thanks

spydog
12-07-2004, 01:13 PM
I raise this flop. It's unlikely you will get someone 3-betting you from behind with a worse hand or draw. Bet the turn, even if it's a club and fold to a raise. If the SB can bet any kind of hand here, then you are probably ahead, as he is more likely to CR with a King. He's providing you a great opportunity to make this a HU pot when you have a strong HU hand.

I play J3o the same way.