PDA

View Full Version : Feelings on STEP tournys?

joshman1204
12-07-2004, 11:48 AM
I know they just started and there hasnt been much time for people to evaluate them but I just want to get some peoples opinions on these tournys.
I am currently strictly a stars player but I am thinking about moving some money to party just to play these tournys. Has any 2+2er won one of these yet or atleast placed in the money on step 5? If I can consistently beat the 50 + 5 on stars what kind of competition is there at party compared to this lvl at stars?
Since these are basically MTT is the expected ITM and ROI also very low like most MTTs?

FourKing Hell
12-07-2004, 11:51 AM
I'm not a tournament player. But if you want my opinion on the STEPS tournies, look at my reply to the post above this one...

joshman1204
12-07-2004, 11:57 AM
I saw your reply right after I posted this thread! thanks for the input.

Im not really sure I agree with everything in your post but it is a good place to start evaluating these things.

The Yugoslavian
12-07-2004, 01:36 PM
I'd imagine Zee, Stasser or Gigabet placed last night, they were all playing the highest steps. There was some cutthroat competition going on at the higher steps, watch out!
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Benholio
12-07-2004, 02:34 PM
-low levels are really fishy, easy to place well
-high levels are really tough, hard to cash out in the end
-the rake is rediculous, especially starting at the bottom

FishBurger
12-07-2004, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Has any 2+2er won one of these yet or atleast placed in the money on step 5?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I watched the end of four of these tourneys and saw Gigabet place third in three of them. However, in one he came back from 90 chips and survived three straight allins.
In the other ones, I think he survived even though he was on the wrong side of a coin flip when he was allin. So, its not like he ran over the field.

If I'm remembering correctly, 2+2er ZeeJustin busted out of three of the four tourneys I watched out-of-the-money.

It looks like many of the best 215ers have moved to level 5 of the steps. SevnFigures was the tourney board leader one month and she appears to be playing strictly the steps tourneys now.

I think it will be super tough to win at level 5 of the steps. Take a gander at one of the final tables, then take a look at the tourney board leaders. Many of the top players are at the final table on step 5.

Unless you think you can hang with the top SnG players at Party, the best course of action would probably be to buy into the 215s because the fields are likely weaker now. (I'm just a $16 SnG player on Stars, but it seems logical that if all the best players have moved over to the Steps tourneys, the 215ers should be easier)