PDA

View Full Version : Good river value bet?

fnord_too
12-07-2004, 11:32 AM
Thought about this for about 10 sec at the time, still not sure if a worse hand calls enough to make a bet worth it. I don't see a king as likely, but 66, 77 are possible, and a two or 8 will certainly raise me and make me fold. Overall, I think it is a good value bet since I think a lot of aces will call here, but would like the thoughts of others.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP folds, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG folds.

River: (5.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>

fnord_too
12-08-2004, 09:31 AM
No oppinions? Clear Bet, Clear check behind, could go either way?

phixxx
12-08-2004, 09:38 AM
Do you believe a lone ace will bet from the SB into a field of 4 players? I think this smells like a deuce to me, but he may be trying to trap you. I think raising the flop may not be a bad idea, if you bet the turn also and don't get raised you will probably get a free showdown. Correct me if im wrong, but I think raising the flop, betting the turn/folding to a CR and checking behind on the river sounds like a pretty good line to me.