PDA

View Full Version : Does ANYBODY prefer the ePass card vs. the Neteller card?

Izaak_Walton
12-07-2004, 11:28 AM
Been lots of posts on this subject lately. I'd like to wrap it up B4 I close out my ePassporte account.

This is what I think I've learned about these cards:

A. Both allow you to withdraw $$ with equal ease from most ATMS. Fees about equal for this application(???).
B. Neither is worth jack for anything else.
C. Neteller card is free, ePass card costs $35.
D. For the deception-minded, NT cards are issued through a US bank while ePass cards are issued through an offshore bank.
E. Cannot get Neteller card in some states (e.g. Maryland). Don't know about ePass in this regard. Don't really care as I can get both. Might be a concern if I have the card and then travel to an area like Maryland. Unclear if once you have the card it will work anywhere.

Anything I'm missing, or is this about it??? Thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif

IndieMatty
12-07-2004, 11:31 AM
I believe there is a fee for each use of the NetTeller card, while an E-Passporte card only has the ATM fees.

Correct?

My 2 cents is that it really sucks that this is so confusing.

InternetPokerPro
12-07-2004, 11:31 AM
EPassporte cards allow member-to-member transfers for a cost of .25 cents per $500. Neteller charges 2.9%

EPassporte also allow you to get a VISA and not just an ATM card. Neteller is just an ATM card.

HesseJam
12-07-2004, 11:43 AM
seems that epassporte rulez

cokehead
12-07-2004, 12:35 PM
When you cash out from Party Skins to epassporte, is there any fee? And would this amount go directly on the card?

Fluffington
12-07-2004, 12:49 PM
Does anyone know what the currency exchange charges are for the EPassporte card? I will be getting an ATM-card this month and Neteller would be practical since I aleady have an account, but as far as I understand it I would be looking at roughly 4% in charges for each withdrawal.

Izaak_Walton
12-07-2004, 02:27 PM
Yes, but from what people have posted, the "Visa" card gets rejected everywhere except ATMs because it's from a foreign bank--therefore it's just an ATM card.

slickterp
12-07-2004, 03:31 PM
epassporte also can circumvent the banks that don't allow transactions to gambling based operations (neteller is on my bank's list)