PDA

View Full Version : NFL Head Coaches and Unemployment

CCass
12-07-2004, 11:17 AM
Which current Head Coaches will be unemployment at the end of the year?

I think three Mikes are toast (Holmgren, Martz, and Tice).

Is anybody else taking the long walk at the end of the season?

Patrick del Poker Grande
12-07-2004, 11:20 AM
Tice isn't going anywhere.

ThaSaltCracka
12-07-2004, 11:47 AM
Depends on how the Hawks do if and when they make the playoffs. His job is def in jeoperdy though.

AngryCola
12-07-2004, 12:08 PM
Yep, to the dismay of my Vikings loving friend, Tice is fine for a couple years.

He really hates that pencil.

nolanfan34
12-07-2004, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Depends on how the Hawks do if and when they make the playoffs. His job is def in jeoperdy though.

[/ QUOTE ]

No question he should be fired after last night. He always has that stupid grin on his face when the Hawks blow one like that. That was ridiculous.

ThaSaltCracka
12-07-2004, 12:32 PM
I didn't watch the whole game, did he make any coaching blunders this time?

Patrick del Poker Grande
12-07-2004, 12:58 PM
I'm surprised he's made it this far with Seattle. He rode Favre for a long time - I didn't think the ride would last this long.

kerssens
12-07-2004, 01:04 PM
I think Dennis Green will be the longest tenured coach in the NFC West at the beginning of next year and Jim Haslett will be fired...if he hasn't already been.

CCass
12-07-2004, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tice isn't going anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then the Vikings brass is dumber than I thought they were.

nolanfan34
12-07-2004, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you need to even point to one particular blunder, per se. But clearly, he's not letting Ray Rhodes call the aggressive schemes that he was calling at the beginning of the season. I mean, shouldn't you be throwing a few more blitzes at a 42-year-old QB who can't move at all?

I think it also is a sign of motivating your team, and given some of these last few losses, I just don't think Holmgren has that touch.

They need a change, but I don't see Paul Allen making a move. Besides, who would you hire?

nolanfan34
12-07-2004, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you need to even point to one particular blunder, per se. But clearly, he's not letting Ray Rhodes call the aggressive schemes that he was calling at the beginning of the season. I mean, shouldn't you be throwing a few more blitzes at a 42-year-old QB who can't move at all?

I think it also is a sign of motivating your team, and given some of these last few losses, I just don't think Holmgren has that touch.

They need a change, but I don't see Paul Allen making a move. Besides, who would you hire?

ThaSaltCracka
12-07-2004, 01:52 PM
I don't understand why they officials didn't review Keyshawns "touchdown". Clearly out of bounds.

[ QUOTE ]
Besides, who would you hire?

[/ QUOTE ] Mike Martz, and keep Ray Rhodes?

kerssens
12-07-2004, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
don't understand why they officials didn't review Keyshawns "touchdown". Clearly out of bounds.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike Martz, and keep Ray Rhodes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Martz? Huh? Mike Martz?

AngryCola
12-07-2004, 02:01 PM
The organization loves Tice...for now.

ThaSaltCracka
12-07-2004, 02:13 PM
seems like a good combination of offense and defense.

kerssens
12-07-2004, 02:58 PM
Martz costs that team at least 2 wins a year...he maybe an offensive genius but as a head coach he his horrible.

nolanfan34
12-07-2004, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Mike Martz, and keep Ray Rhodes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just kill me now.

ThaSaltCracka
12-07-2004, 03:01 PM
hmmm, then who would they hire? If there is no viable candidate out there, maybe Mike will be back.

kerssens
12-07-2004, 03:02 PM
Its hard to tell...maybe there's a OC or DC out there that will make a good head coach.

jdl22
12-07-2004, 03:06 PM
Anybody in the Bay Area heard anything about Erickson? I am a life long 49er fan, but I hate this guy so I'm waiting for him to get fired before I follow them again.

razor
12-07-2004, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mike Martz

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my goodness, NO!!!!!

wayabvpar
12-07-2004, 03:26 PM
I will never watch another Seahawks game again if they hire Mike Martz. I loathe him more than any coach in the league, and it isn't close.

WDC
12-07-2004, 03:56 PM
The organization does not love Tice. The fans seem to like him a lot and I think the press lets him off easier because he is new, has suspect defensive talent, and a good ole boy.
The organization loves his salary which is low for a head coach and while Big Red is shopping the team around this is a positive. He will be back next year and gone thereafter regardles of whether Red owns the team.