PDA

View Full Version : AKs, lots of players, good action and a couple of all-ins

phillydilly
12-07-2004, 10:17 AM
Looking for general comments

Also, I've noticed in multiway pots, with a player all-in, I try and really pump the pot after the all-in. My reasoning for this is if the all-in player has me beat, I can recoup losses/win a little by taking a larger side pot.

In this example, if UTG or SB has the flush, by pumping the pot against MP2 & BB, I can still have a winning hand.

What are some other players opinions on this tactic?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (24 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises $1 (All-In)</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">SB caps $2 (All-In)</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (23 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players, 2 all-in)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, BB calls, MP2 calls.

River: (29 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players, 2 all-in)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 32 BB

zuluking
12-07-2004, 10:41 AM
Looks good to me.

DMBFan23
12-07-2004, 11:00 AM
perhaps you got shown AA, but I think you played this perfectly.

flair1239
12-07-2004, 11:04 AM
I think that MP2 passively calling 3 cold PF and then calling 2 bets cold on the flop twice. Then waking up and betting the turn would scream that I am drawing dead. I think you got shown a Jack or Queen high flush here, or even a medium flush like a 98s.

As for your all-in strategy, I would be less inclined to worry whether they have me beat. As they are usually bad players who do not have the sense to reload or they are just getting rid of their chips for some unknown reason. As I said, I would be much more concerned with MP2 all of the sudden showing aggression. I don't think you can fold getting 24-1, but I don't know that raising will do anything to protect your hand or improve your chances of winning, also at thiis point I think raising for value is suspect because depending on your read of MP2 it looks like you might have the 2nd best hand here.

Just to clarify, I realize that MP2 could be making a play. But I doubt it. Based on this one hand (which is all we have to go by), MP2 is most likely a passive player. When a passive player wakes up, it is usually for good reason. Even if MP2 is a good player, he is probably not making a play with the pot so big he has to realize that no one is folding this pot for one bet; I might have gone for a check raise with a made flush at this point, but he may have been worried that the 3-flush would lead to a check through. There is a possibility that he just picked up a flush draw and is betting it. But, I think I still would have just called at this point (If I were the hero) for reasons that I stated above.