PDA

View Full Version : QQ and let the chips fly

Chris Daddy Cool
12-07-2004, 10:10 AM
It feels good to hit sets and get action with them. It's been a long time for me.

No real feel for the table as it's just started filling up from a short handed game. UTG in this hand is a 2+2er.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Fish Daddy is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $15. UTG+1 posts a blind of $15. MP3 posts a blind of $15.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Fish Daddy 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 (poster) calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, Fish Daddy calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (19 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Fish Daddy calls, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Fish Daddy calls, SB calls.

Turn: (15.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Fish Daddy raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Fish Daddy caps</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

River: (27.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Fish Daddy bets</font>, SB calls, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 29.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 29.50 BB, between SB and Fish Daddy.</font>

Oh yea, I'm pretty sure I don't like my river bet.

EDIT: Flop kinda interesting huh?

Festus22
12-07-2004, 10:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Say what! He can't have kings or a set of tens or even a ballistically played A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif? Call a checkraise but checking behind on the river seems criminal.

Otherwise, ni han. I really like your flop smooth call.

gamblore99
12-07-2004, 10:55 AM
At first I hated that river bet, but now that I look at it, sb seems to be overaggressive, and of the hands that I can conceive him playing this way (AA, KK, AKspades, TT, maybe 33), You will get called with all but KK and AA. KK he folds, AA he checkraises. I think it becomes a good bet because given his action he seems overaggressve, and loose and will probably call with the possible Aks which turns it to a good call. I would do the math but i have to get back midterm studying.

Fat Nicky
12-07-2004, 11:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Say what! He can't have kings or a set of tens or even a ballistically played A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif? Call a checkraise but checking behind on the river seems criminal.

[/ QUOTE ]

what he said.

gamblore99
12-07-2004, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what he said.

[/ QUOTE ]

That really only leaves AA.

I certainly wouldn't play any of these hands the way sb did. I could conceive of myself having AA here, but I think whatever he had, he was either out of line preflop, or out of line postflop. After CDC smooth called flop and raised the blank turn, for sb, wouldn't it make sense to slow down with AA instead of 3bet and have it possibly capped? From my very little experience there, not every 15-30 player is a 2+2er. Many are incredibly aggressive and thats what this looks like.

If you think he can only have AA, how can it be right to bet the river?

MaxPower
12-07-2004, 01:20 PM
How can you not bet the river? I'm a wuss and I would bet here.

MoreWineII
12-07-2004, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm kinda confused by that too. He can't have TT, KK, AK /images/graemlins/spade.gif, or maybe even AQs? Seems like an easy river value bet to me.

djoyce003
12-07-2004, 01:26 PM
I don't know why you don't like your river bet. You are only really worried about a set of aces or a straight. I think he is more likely on a set of 10's or 3's, possibly two pair. I'd bet it everytime, I'd call a check-raise.

B Dids
12-07-2004, 02:27 PM
I really really think he's got TT here and that not betting the river would suck in 13 different ways.

runa
12-07-2004, 02:29 PM
SB's play might be consistent with an overpair PF, Flop but the turn action makes it more likely a set. KJ is not slowing down and there's no reason to CR after the aggression on previous streets with AA. Since SB hit the brakes on the river I'd be more likely to say (less likely) KK or (more likely) TT than (least likely) AA. River bet seems easy.

DMBFan23
12-07-2004, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
CO posts a blind of $15. UTG+1 posts a blind of $15. MP3 posts a blind of $15.

[/ QUOTE ]

good lord man.

Danenania
12-07-2004, 03:20 PM
I would just 3-bet the flop. There are a bunch of draws possible so I don't see you chasing people out in a huge pot like this, especially given that either SB or UTG seems likely to have an overpair. I think one of them will usually cap it for you and lead the turn, allowing you to raise again. That and if a flush card hits you could lose a lot of action.

sthief09
12-07-2004, 03:25 PM
I like your river bet. The 2+2er probably would've mucked KJs preflop to the 2 more bets. A/images/graemlins/spade.gifK/images/graemlins/spade.gif is clearly what he's holding. if the river was a J or a /images/graemlins/spade.gif checking would be right. also, considering that we know the 2+2er has an A and there's an A on the board, KK/TT is a lot more likely than A/images/graemlins/club.gifA/images/graemlins/heart.gif. it's basically like fearing quads

Chris Daddy Cool
12-07-2004, 07:55 PM
ok guys, thanks for setting me straight. river is a easy bet and i'm glad i did it.

SB had a waaaaaaaaaaaay overly played KK.