PDA

View Full Version : 2 pair on the flop -- fold?

jcm4ccc
12-07-2004, 10:10 AM
Early in a $15 Stars Turbo. Blinds are 25/50. I have about 1500 chips.

I am dealt KTo in the BB. 3 limp into the pot. I check.

The flop comes AcKcTh. I am the first to bet. I bet 150 chips (pot is 200).

Two limpers fold, then one limper raises my bet to 300.

I didn't want to call the bet with all the draws on the board. I certainly didn't want to fold 2 pair. So I went all-in. Limper turns over QJ, and I'm out of the tournament.

I thought it would be weak to fold 2 pair, but now that I think about it, perhaps I should have. The only hands I can think of where a person would raise like that have me beat (2 pair with Aces, 3 of a kind, straight).

Unarmed
12-07-2004, 10:31 AM
You can all but rule out bigger two pairs and sets as there was no PF raise. (we'll just assume AT gets raised for simplicity, it doesn't matter because that has you anyway) FD is unlikely (but not impossible obviously) given the A and K are on the board. So you're likely up against a weak ace/gutshot) or the made straight. Weak ace probably just calls here so rule that out.

So he has either the gutshot or a made straight.
Unfortunately, any gutshot is likely already paired giving him a couple extra couple outs.

Tough situation. I think I would have gone into check/call reasonable bet mode, hoping he slowplays the rest of the hand to let me draw to my boat, but this line seems weak as hell...

F it...I just woke up.