PDA

View Full Version : KQo in CO, questionable on all streets

Lurker4
12-07-2004, 09:39 AM
Hey everyone, I've responded to some hands but this is my first hand post. I'm pretty sure I messed this one up, but where should I be folding? Also, I think flop raise (was trying for free card) is probably bad since I was not the last PF aggressor and BB/SB could have overpairs or call down w/AK. Lastly, do you call the turn after the flop action, getting 10-1? I think every street except the river was questionable.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (9 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 12 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11 BB, won by BB.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to BB.</font>

Peter Harris
12-07-2004, 09:48 AM
folding preflop is good and you don't get in trouble on later streets.

flop - just call
turn - fold. with all this aggression you're drawing to top pair and may still lose to QQ, KK or AA [i can't see what else BB goes mental on].

I fold PF when it's 2 back to me with a weak offsuit hand like this.

Regards,
Pete Harris

CWsports
12-07-2004, 09:55 AM
Fold preflop when it's 2 back to you. You're most likely up against AK or AA-QQ when it gets capped preflop.

HesseJam
12-07-2004, 10:11 AM
Like the above poster, folding when it is two back seems right (though I probably would have called anyway /images/graemlins/blush.gif).

But if you call the cap preflop, the reraise on the flop is probably ok. But I would have let go on the 3bet back.

I think your calling the cap postflop lead to calling the 3bet on the flop and then you could not let it go on the turn. This might demonstrate why calling two back on the flop with a not top big hand is problematic.

jrz1972
12-07-2004, 10:19 AM
Like everybody else said, this is a pretty clear fold pre-flop. Note that your pfr looks like a blind steal, so if one of the blinds 3-bets it's nothing to get overly concerned about. When both blinds decide to play back, you can safely conclude that you're behind. On an especially bad day, sb has AQ and bb has AK, leaving you essentially dead.

Redd
12-07-2004, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
flop - just call

[/ QUOTE ]

So why is a call the best line in this situation? My initial reaction was that Hero just has two very questionable overcards with no flush/straight potential - what are you hoping to improve to here to win the hand?

I was thinking if Hero's gonna stay, then he needs to raise for information and to put pressure on SB, but the few tainted outs (coupled with the possibility of SB and BB getting in an expensive war) make me just want to fold out while the folding's good. Is this weak-tight?

Redd