PDA

View Full Version : I am a HE player, but I played Omaha 8 Hi Low for the first time today

CinnamonWind
12-07-2004, 05:25 AM
I played in two 5 dollar SNGs on Party. It was FUN. Eff! U! En! FUN!

I had some basic strategy down from reading Helmuth's idiotic book, and I just sort of used my general poker brain for the rest. I finished SECOND in the first SNG and I am halfway through the second one with a decent amount of chips (second chip leader, we're both way in front).

Stay tuned ...

P.S. I am posting this here because I am a HE player playing O8. I thought it would be enlightening or something. Plus, all the regulars I know and am beginning to love are here. So please don't board cop me, k? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

MarkL444
12-07-2004, 05:39 AM
do the 10s, that rakes gonna get ya /images/graemlins/wink.gif

CinnamonWind
12-07-2004, 05:44 AM
Heh, it's only a buck. But maybe I will. It's down to 4 people right now and I have the lead!

CinnamonWind
12-07-2004, 05:53 AM
<font color="red"> I WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!</font>

<font color="blue"> I WON I WON I WON I WON I WON!!!!!!</font>

<font color="purple"> YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!! </font>

Sorry, just a lil' excited. First two times playing O8 and I place second and first. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

<font color="green"> WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

</font>

(Anyone wanna see my tourney transcript?) /images/graemlins/wink.gif

MarkL444
12-07-2004, 05:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(Anyone wanna see my

[/ QUOTE ]

YES!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
tourney transcript?)

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, wait, nm. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

CinnamonWind
12-07-2004, 04:17 PM
Congratulations, Cinnamon!

Oh gee, thanks! /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Freakin
12-07-2004, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Congratulations, Cinnamon!

[/ QUOTE ]

easier than typing it myself... my first experience with O8 was playing PL2000 on party play money. I dicked aroudn with it while playing some 25NL and 1/2 HE. Within about 45 minutes or so I had that 2k buyin up to 340k..... I am an O8 god... that's why I don't play for real money; it woudl be unfair to others.

Freakin

Evan
12-07-2004, 05:32 PM
I played a limit O8 heads up match on stars last night and won. I also played a heads up PLHE match and won that too.

I'm not sure why I'm posting this, I guess its semi-relevant. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

EDIT: I will now also be accepting praise from all (especially Mark).

MarkL444
12-07-2004, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I will now also be accepting praise from all (especially Mark).

[/ QUOTE ]

On one hand I hope you die, yet on the other hand, I feel special.

MarkL444
12-07-2004, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I played a limit O8 heads up match on stars last night and won.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a minute....was this Evan's sly way of challenging CW to a HU O8 match?? I think it was!

Evan
12-07-2004, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hope you die

[/ QUOTE ]
I cried

[ QUOTE ]
I feel special

[/ QUOTE ]
I smiled

Evan
12-07-2004, 06:19 PM
hahaha, I'll gladly donate $5 to my favorite new poster if she'd like. I'll leave this up to CW, PM me if you'd like to play. If we do I'll post the table so you can all watch me get wrecked.

CinnamonWind
12-07-2004, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hahaha, I'll gladly donate $5 to my favorite new poster if she'd like. I'll leave this up to CW, PM me if you'd like to play. If we do I'll post the table so you can all watch me get wrecked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Love to, but I'm really leery about giving out my poker name on any of the sites. I discuss my poker thinking in a lot of depth on here, and wouldn't knowing all that about me give a huge advantage to anyone who played regularly with me?

Evan
12-07-2004, 06:56 PM
Yea, I'd know you were good I guess. If you don't want to no problem. FWIW, I never play on stars except to f[/i]uck around on these sng's (although I guess if your name is the same on other sites it doesn't matter).

Anyway, whatever you want. No biggie either way. Also, if you're half way decent at O8 you probably wouldn't have much fun playing me anyway. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

cnfuzzd
12-07-2004, 07:02 PM
you should be on the lookout for some of the drunken PLO 8 events that periodically occur around here. Its usually a 25 cash game, although if bison picks it sometimes its just PLO, no hi/lo split. (We usually rectify that though.) This is where the true PLO 8 champions are born.

oh, and congrats

peace

john nickle

CinnamonWind
12-07-2004, 08:03 PM
Oh I'll play in those for sure. I really need a "tourney nick".