PDA

View Full Version : Reraise on turn to limit the field OK? ... advice please ...

GlemZurg
12-07-2004, 05:07 AM
Since MP2 didn't bet the flop I figured he didn't have a K so I reraised to knock people out. Good choice? Bad choice?

Should I have bet the flop?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Justin

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: GlemZurg is CO with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. GlemZurg posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">GlemZurg (poster) raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, GlemZurg checks.

Turn: (5.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="red">GlemZurg raises</font>, ...

Shillx
12-07-2004, 05:13 AM
Yeah I would probably bet the flop. This is a decent one for you.

I think that I like just calling the turn bet. The other people in the hand don't figure to call behind you, and there is virtually no way that you have a king in this spot. Lots of people will not bet into you with a king, fearing that they are outkicked. If you do raise here, you need to fold to a 3-bet...

Brad

Ajax410
12-07-2004, 06:12 AM
I don't understand women, phsyics, and the abscence of a flop bet.

Good turn choice.

Alex

Chris Daddy Cool
12-07-2004, 07:32 AM
bad flop check.

nice turn raise, though you need to fold to a 3-bet.

betting the river is up to you and your read on the dude though i probably would, especially since you don't think he has a K.

but if you get a coldcaller behind you on this turn raise by a reasonable player, checking the river might be best. if you got it heads up i'd bet.

GlemZurg
12-07-2004, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you do raise here, you need to fold to a 3-bet...

[/ QUOTE ]

What does a 3-bet usually mean? That he was slowplaying two-pair or a set?

Justin

Shillx
12-07-2004, 05:17 PM
Yeah a 3-bet will tell you that he has 44, 66 or Kx. Of those three hands, Kx is by far the most likely (more hand combinations). You only have 2 outs against this hand (and 0 outs if he has KT).

Shill

dr. klopek
12-07-2004, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you do raise here, you need to fold to a 3-bet...

[/ QUOTE ]

What does a 3-bet usually mean? That he was slowplaying two-pair or a set?

Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. My first thought when he bet the turn was that he had failed to either slowplay his king or failed to checkraise. I have seen a ton of .5/1 players slowplay TP. On the turn, he bets because he doesn't want to risk a check-through. He could have filled up, he could have hit trips, or he could be playing the board pair with his low pair. I would have bet the flop, it probably would have succeeded in narrowing the field, and his action would help your read, plus, it's entirely possible that you have the best hand. (There is the distinct possibility, however, that he's betting on the scare card.)