PDA

View Full Version : 4 hands from tonight, requesting opinions

ucfryan
12-07-2004, 04:43 AM
Tonight was one of those fun nights where every flop seems to miss you, etc. Need to learn from these situations, here's 4 hands that I'd greatly appreciate commentary on.

Hand 1: Table has gone from extremely loose to somewhat tight over the course of about 10 minutes. I was multitabling and didn't have a real read on the villain but he seemed somewhat tight.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero ?

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

-----

Hand 2: Villain again seems pretty tight, cap flop really had me worried and screamed at least AK. Was I wrong to 3bet with jacks after a UTG raise given the read?
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (7.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

-----

Hand 3: Villain is extremely loose and somewhat agressive, will bet/raise top pair or better and call with mostly anything else. He has 100% VP$IP to this point. Pretty sure I butchered this one.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

** backdoor straight + 2 overs against a LAG **

Turn: (3.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

** Great, hit one of my outs right? Wrong, fold to the 3bet? **

River: (9.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

** Pretty sure there's no reason I should've called this **

Final Pot: 11.75 BB

-----

Hand 4: MP2 I have no read on because she just sat down, but MP3 seems to be pretty loose passive.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 (poster) checks, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

** Bet the flop, I think this is alright with position on both of them, if there was another person in with us I probably would've checked **

Turn: (5.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

** MP3 pauses for about 5 seconds before checking, figure she has at least the OESD.

River: (5.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 5.25 BB

john smith
12-07-2004, 05:08 AM
My thoughts:

Hand 1 - I would fold the river. Since you say he's a tight player, he's most likely representing something better than a pair of jacks, maybe a 9 for the straight. Plus the pot isn't that big to risk another big bet.

Hand 2 - 3 betting preflop is fine. A tight player capping pf would usual mean QQ-AA, but I guess he could be sitting on AK. I think you played the whole hand fine.

Hand 3 - If the villian's passive, a 3 bet should set off alarms. It's pretty unlikely that he's 3 bet with just a pair of aces. I'm not sure what the right way to play this hand is though, some of the more experienced guys are going to have to answer that. I personally would have folded to the turn 3 bet.

Hand 4 - I don't know /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Lurker4
12-07-2004, 08:56 AM
1. I'll usually call here, but I don't know if that's too loose. I don't see BB calling a flop bet w/just a 9 or Q, but he could have something like 97, or a rivered twopair.

2. The PF 3-bet is ok I think except against the tightest/most passive of opponents. I'd play flop and turn the same, and checking through the river is ok too. Villain could be looking to c/r the river K, and you are behind almost every PF capping hand after the river. Good checkthrough.

3. If Villain is a bad LAG then I think your line is ok in this hand, with the possibility of raising the flop to get a free card. If villain is just somewhat of a LAG, which means a 3-bet is indicative of real strength, then folding the turn might be a good idea, and probably folding the river as well. I don't know if I have the discipline to make the fold though, even though my TPTK is on a coordinated board against a 3-bet.

4. Looks fine. I'd probably still bet this flop though last to act with more than 2 others in the pot.