PDA

View Full Version : Request help for buying a laptop

2trix
12-07-2004, 04:23 AM
I am a beginner who has been playing for the last 9 months online. I am winning overall though not a lot ( + 3000 $) in limit games. I wish to buy a laptop and was requesting help in buying the appropriate one to multi table with wireless cable modem. I would appreciate any input regarding the following;
Processor speed
Screen size and resolution ( 2 - 4 tables)
RAM
HD
Any particular company is better than others
and finally, if someone has any suggestion of a laptop which they have recently bought that they have liked.

I hope this was the correct section of 2+2 forum to post this query.

Thanks a lot to everyone in advance. Absolutely wonderful site !!

ricochet420
12-07-2004, 05:30 AM
I would go with the Inspiron 9200 @ 2ghz, with 512 RAM, and the 17 inch UXGA wide screen for high resolution. This is not the most powerful product but with M processor you'll have pretty good battery life, 5 hours or more with the bigger 9 cell battery. Good luck man. I own a Dell or two and have ZERO complaints. Also not affiliated in any way. JMO. Hope it helps.

Bacchus
12-07-2004, 10:37 AM
You have a lot of choices, especially if you're not running complicated programs. Check out HPs and Dells--any processor over 2.5 GHz is fine, you'll need at least 512 MB of RAM. HD space is up to you--standard models are probably going to have at least 30 or 40 GB of space.

smoore
12-10-2004, 07:57 PM
to get 1600x1200 (4 tables, no overlap) get one with a UXGA screen

Freakin
12-11-2004, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would go with the Inspiron 9200 @ 2ghz, with 512 RAM, and the 17 inch UXGA wide screen for high resolution. This is not the most powerful product but with M processor you'll have pretty good battery life, 5 hours or more with the bigger 9 cell battery. Good luck man. I own a Dell or two and have ZERO complaints. Also not affiliated in any way. JMO. Hope it helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe someone in the Internet forum just got a 9200 with a UXGA screen for about $1600 (an amazing price). If you search for "UXGA" in teh internet forum you should find it within the last week or so. I think that would be a great choice for laptops.

Freakin

RydenStoompala
12-12-2004, 04:17 AM
if I can add my two cents...

For multi-tabling 4 games, I would also recommend the biggest, hi-res monitor you can lay your hands on. Also, if you play a lot at home, buy a separate, really big flatscreen monitor that you can plug into the laptop. It sure makes life easier.

ricochet420
12-13-2004, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if I can add my two cents...
if you play a lot at home, buy a separate, really big flatscreen monitor that you can plug into the laptop. It sure makes life easier.

[/ QUOTE ]