PDA

View Full Version : Request help for buying a laptop

2trix
12-07-2004, 03:31 AM
I am a beginner who has been playing for the last 9 months online. I am winning overall though not a lot ( + 3000 $) in limit games. I wish to buy a laptop and was requesting help in buying the appropriate one to multi table with wireless cable modem. I would appreciate any input regarding the following;
Processor speed
Screen size and resolution ( 2 - 4 tables)
RAM
HD
Any particular company is better than others
and finally, if someone has any suggestion of a laptop which they have recently bought that they have liked.

I hope this was the correct section of 2+2 forum to post this query.

Thanks a lot to everyone in advance. Absolutely wonderful site !!

edfurlong
12-07-2004, 03:41 AM
I have also been taking a look at laptops. It seems that only the higher end ones will support 4 tabling. I'd like to find the cheapest one I can. Hopefully someone knowledgable will chime in.

Bodhi
12-07-2004, 04:12 AM
Maybe "books/software" is better place? I know this is a hardware question but that's the closest there is! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

cjromero
12-07-2004, 09:00 AM
This should have been posted in the Zoo (the Internet forum), but there's no reason you would know that.

If you read the posts on the Zoo for the last 2 or 3 days, there are several threads seeking the same advice. You can also do a search for "Dell laptop" and get lots of advice that way.

If you intend on multitabling, most posters here would strongly suggest that you get a laptop with screen resolution that goes up to 1600 x 1200. That way, you can play up to 4 tables at once with no overlap.

Dell runs specials on their Inspiron 8600 laptop frequently. I just bought one last month to use for poker and it is fantastic. If you want the specs of the one I bought, PM me and I will be happy to provide them to you.

Craig

2trix
12-07-2004, 03:57 PM
Thanks for your ( and others) prompt reply. Yes, I would like the specs of your Dell and what you paid for it. Also, if you can send me the link to the "internet zoo forum" please. Do you like reading any other forums ?

I would like to buy a laptop - portability etc. but may also consider getting a new CRT monitor with 1600 resolution to multi- table.

Thanks a lot !!

Bodhi
12-07-2004, 04:29 PM
is it possible to also see at least the lower portion of your PT game time windows with that resolution too?