PDA

View Full Version : Advice for bankroll sharing? Has anyone done it successfully?

spentrent
12-07-2004, 03:14 AM
Seems like a bad idea. You never really know what's going on in your partner's head, even if you look over his shoulder for every hand. How can you trust that he's as solid as you? And how can you quantify a difference in skill level as far as splitting winnings?

I'm more in favor of running an "online poker office" where you and your buddies can encourage each other, stay sane -- how much different is 8 silent hours pointing and clicking if you're in a cubicle or at home -- but keep separate bankrolls.

Is there really a need to rush up the limits? A better idea -- but still shaky -- might be for the most prosperous player to stake you higher if he can, and take some interest until you double that roll.

bblock99
12-07-2004, 05:13 PM
I would recommend having separate bankrolls, to eliminate blame on downswings and such. My buddy staked me and wanted half of the profits whenever i decided to break loose. This worked well for me and i have quite the roll of my own now.