PDA

View Full Version : JJ flops set, scary turn

The13atman
12-07-2004, 02:28 AM
So far CO seems LP-A, BB LP-P and no reads on anyone else.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls.

Excellent! Rainbow board, no re-raise preflop so I'm not worried about AA. A7 or 77 is my initial thought and I figure to get payed off big, especially if I win with a set over set.

Turn: (12.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Damn! I'm not worried about KK, but that puts a straight draw on the board as well as a flush draw. I figure no one with a straight draw or flush draw will fold here and someone may already have the straight. When CO raises I 3 bet both for value and for information as if he caps I figure there's a good chance he may have the straight and I should slow down. Correct or too weak? When he caps I think he might have me with a straight, but would he cold call with QT?

River: (20.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Yelling "pair the board!!" at my computer didn't work. Now there's a 3 flush on the board, and with the cap on the turn I'm nervous. Should I bet out here and call a raise instead of check-calling? This seems weak tight looking back.

Final Pot: 22.25 BB

mr pink
12-07-2004, 02:37 AM
it is kinda weird that the CO jumped to life on the turn. i wouldn't put it past him to hang around on the flop with only a gutshot but it's pretty unlikely. even if he does have the straight you have a pretty good redraw against him and you can never be sure. I play the turn the exact same way. river's not that bad since he was capping the turn, i doubt it helped him. given your read i think you can probably go one more on the river but i don't hate check/calling either. it's tough to lead out on the river again after he just called the flop and then went berserk when that king hit the board.

trumpman84
12-07-2004, 03:03 AM
I think CO has AK, AJ or 77 here, normal internet players love to slow play top two pair and trips on the flop...I think your hand is good, but I could be wrong.

kenberman
12-07-2004, 09:29 AM
Looks fine.
[ QUOTE ]
Yelling "pair the board!!" at my computer didn't work.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a tough move to pull off. I'm better at yelling "MONKEY MONKEY!!" when my golf ball flies towards the woods...this usually will cause the ball to careen off a tree, back into the fairway.

Try it out.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
12-07-2004, 11:55 AM
Nice hand. Looks like CO made 2 pair on the turn and your hand is still good.

The13atman
12-07-2004, 02:33 PM
Bumping this once before I post results.

meep_42
12-07-2004, 02:39 PM
I was to show this down, and I think your hand is good here a large % of the time. I think it's safe to assume that villain will bet, as it sure didn't look like you were playing a flush draw, so I check/call.

-d

The13atman
12-07-2004, 05:36 PM
CO shows Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif and MHING.