PDA

View Full Version : UB $20+2: misplayed str8 & flush draw

burningyen
12-07-2004, 01:49 AM
Any advice would be appreciated. The remaining players at the table were tight and solid. This was one of those rare times where I play small suited connectors out of position, so no need to tell me not to make it a habit. Should I have bet the turn? If so, what amount? Having bet, I believe I should have called the raise. Unfortunately, this was one of those situations where I didn't know the odds to call.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t60 (6 handed)

BB (t2095)
UTG (t760)
Hero (t2960)
CO (t1125)
Button (t1245)
SB (t1815)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Hero calls t60, CO calls t60, Button calls t60, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t300) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: (t300) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets t125</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises to t675</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t1100

ChrisV
12-07-2004, 02:06 AM
I would check the turn. My hand is pretty bad so by betting I am basically praying everyone folds. The pot is not so big that I feel inclined to take a stab at it against 4 opponents. If I am ahead there are a lot of cards on the river (club, 8, any board pair) where I will stay ahead.

Whether you should call cutoff's raise or not depends on what you think he has, but in general I'd rather play conservatively. Things could get disastrous if I river the club and he turns out to have T9cc, or if I make my 4 and he has 86, etc etc.