PDA

View Full Version : AJo, a limp-cap, A-high flop, a side pot, and some other stuff.

SparkyDog
12-07-2004, 01:42 AM
I get AJo UTG+1. A way too loose and passive UTG limps, and I raise. One loose cold-caller, a poster folds, and a semi-loose aggro BB three-bets. The LP UTG caps, I call two cold (12.5-1 immediately). 4 to the flop and 17.5 SB's in the pot.

Flop comes A /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif. BB bets, LP-capper calls, I raise. LP-cold caller lives up to his name and calls two. BB raises his final dollar, UTG calls. Now there's 26.5 SB in the main pot. I raise and both call. 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif comes on the turn. Action goes Check/Bet/Call/Call. 5BB side pot to the river, which is a very innocuous 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG checks, I bet, cold-caller folds, and UTG calls.

While I was playing this hand I felt that I could have at least broke even with the side pot action (although I have no way of knowing how to calculate this), assuming I was behind to the BB ~100% of the time, which is way I raised the flop and bet the turn and river. Had UTG come alive however I would have probably folded to a check-raise and called down if he led out, since it's hard to think of a hand he'd have that beats me besides the unlikely AA. I'm not expecting to drag the main pot most of the time however, as I think BB has me outkicked most of the time. So, was my analysis and play correct?

bernie
12-07-2004, 06:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A way too loose and passive UTG limps,

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The LP UTG caps, I call two cold

[/ QUOTE ]

I fold this. Easily.

b

ErrantNight
12-07-2004, 07:04 AM