PDA

View Full Version : River action on double paired board...

SparkyDog
12-07-2004, 01:15 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 folds, Button calls.

Turn: (7 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Button checks.

River: (7 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets...</font>,

The reason I did bet out though was I thought that I could have maybe folded another ace (although unlikely), and that button was an idiot calling station (earlier called a counterfeited two-pair, no kicker) and would call with all sorts of crap I'd beat.

So is this standard, or should I be trying to snap off bluffs and avoid having to fold to a river raise by check/calling?

Final Pot: 10 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 10 BB, between Button, Hero and BB.</font>

GoblinMason (Craig)
12-07-2004, 02:18 AM
I don't like betting this river at all. The only hand that is going to call is mosy likely a hand that will either beat you or chop. If you think you're best checking might induce a bluff depending on reads. I like the rest.

-Craig