PDA

View Full Version : Pre-flop question - Party 1/2 6-max

cold_cash
12-07-2004, 01:08 AM
So lately I've been dabbling a little at the 6-max tables to work on playing shorthanded a little. I haven't played many hands, but I've played enough to know that the games are really good. In spite of this, my results thus far have been pretty crappy, but as God as my witness I'm going to beat this game soundly one of these days.

Anyway, here's the pre-flop action of a hand I played this morning. Might be boring/useless, but I thought I'd run it up the flagpole and see who salutes.

Table has been loose and bad. Pretty aggro. Cold-calling galore pre-flop.

I'm UTG+2 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG limps, I raise, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG 3-bets, Hero....? Easy cap?

For what it's worth, this was the first limp re-raise I'd seen, and UTG to this point hadn't distinguished himself as any worse or better than the rest of the bunch.

Brain
12-07-2004, 01:35 AM
I think we concluded capping KQs in the BB in a full game with this many other players and a L-RR was correct so I'm sure AQs is fine here.

runa
12-07-2004, 12:59 PM
Easy Cap. You have good position on the raiser with a hand that plays well multi-way or heads up. Since the entire field CC'ed 2 I'm fairly certain a good portion if not all of them will CC again, but you don't care too much if most of them fold since you strengthen you high-card value for this hand. If you hit your ace or queen you can raise to isolate UTG on the flop. You might even be able to semi-bluff and then decide if you want to take a free card (multiway after flop) or semi-bluff the turn (HU) with the chance of winning it right there depending on the texture of the board and your reads.

One of the keys to 6-max is definitely to up the aggro level a notch, so be more apt to 3-bet/cap with good hands if for nothing else but the initiative.

btw, cross-post in HUSH since there are tons of great 6-max players there.