PDA

View Full Version : WSOP Shuffle Change; to: Larry f...

05-03-2002, 09:03 AM
In response to Larry f in the WSOP Shuffle Change thread below.

Larry, you seem to air confidence along with a bit of arrogance in your tone...are you a representative of Binion's?

However, you have provided no more information than we know already...

"This shuffle is to be used in all games. period. no discussion".

Period? No discussion? Sorry, if you personally agree with that, then your post means nothing to this forum. You have brought nothing to us. We knew what you said already. Players deserve to at least know the reasoning behind this and everything that goes on in the cardroom. They don't have to agree, but they do deserve to know.

"This was brought up thru some people. Whom and how high they were I wont say. But it was of no value".

So it's your way (or Binions way)...or hit the highway? Close mindedness always loses in the long haul. Why? Unable to graft new ideas or a better way to a closed mind. Willingness to learn or see that there might be a better way never becomes possible. And I do speak from experience.

"I've heard enough to believe players have said things to no avail".

And so have people in higher positions. Believe it or not Larry, you can learn something from everyone.

What I've learned from you is a reinforcement in my belief that the know-it-alls and primadonna's in this world only can live their selfish ways for so long before their world comes tumbling down.

If these are Binion's true feelings then they do not care for their customers. And the players are their customers.

Period, no discussion.

KC50

05-03-2002, 03:34 PM
Mason,

The thread I was refering to was signed by a Larry f. earlier this morning. Now I look and it says "anonymous". I didn't think there was a way to change threads after they are posted.

Can you explain?

Thanks,

KC50

05-03-2002, 05:21 PM
I will verify that the authors name was changed, as I went to look at it after reading your post.

05-03-2002, 05:31 PM
Thanks debbie. /images/smile.gif Thought I was having a "senior moment" that my brother claims starts to happen when one turns 50.

I guess my thread now goes out to "Anonymous".

KC50

05-03-2002, 09:01 PM
The author is 100% on your side I believe. It appears to me as I do know the author that the typing was qwik & dry and could have been misconstrued. The author said only what he was told by his/her supperiors are heard in the pre-tournament dealer meeting.

The Statement about "period. no discussion". was a quote of something that was stated to over 100 people by an auhtority.

I personally have been in one game and seen a upper boss come by and heard him state in fact that he just wanted to watch the dealers shuffle in a different game. This was stated in a tone that said he wasnt doing it right and straighten up or else. So they are taking it seriously.

They want it done there way.

There are no "representives" of Binions posting here in this thread to my knowledge. There is obviously at least 1 employee. But it's a misunderstanding to think the poster has a bit of arrogance around this stuff. I believe he/she showed more balls then anyone else to be fairly open about what they knew. There can be obviour repercussions. I would suggest we drop any further discussion of names or positions to protect those that are innocent and affected whether we/they like it or not. I would hate to see anyone get hurt for trying to stand by their beliefs knowing it could cost them and even more so because I was NAMEING them openly on a public forum.

I think this person should be anonymously and within our own selves (not publicly) be commended for having the heart to trying to help the rest of us understand what had taken place at his/her own risk.

05-04-2002, 12:17 PM
I totally understand now. End of story.

Thanks,

KC50

05-06-2002, 11:13 PM
KC,

It's unfortunate, but cold reality is that thera are many people who, for reasons best known

to themselves, live in a fantasy world, if one can call it that, of blacks and whites. Pity for them that they miss out on the 98% of the world

that's grey.

perfidious

05-07-2002, 08:38 AM