PDA

View Full Version : Didn't Like This

sthief09
12-07-2004, 12:20 AM
SB is 75/5 over a small amount of hands. I don't have a postflop read. UTG is 24/6 also over a limited sample size.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">5 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11 BB, between SB and UTG.</font>

Mike Gallo
12-07-2004, 12:32 AM
SB is 75/5 over a small amount of hands. I don't have a postflop read. UTG is 24/6 also over a limited sample size.

I have no clue what this means.

I would not have liked the hand too much either. How would you have the played the hand if a club hit the turn? Did you call the turn hoping to catch an Ace?

Did you play this hand after a stretch of at least 24 hours without sleep? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Ralph Wiggum
12-07-2004, 12:35 AM
Once the Ace hits the turn, I think there's a great chance you're ahead. Seems like UTG has a PP that's now behind. SB takes a strange line by betting out on the river. I think you can call one bet with this pot expecting UTG to also call, and also knowing if he raises it's an easy fold.

Ralph Wiggum
12-07-2004, 12:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you call the turn hoping to catch an Ace?

[/ QUOTE ] Isn't there a good chance he's now ahead on the turn?

sthief09
12-07-2004, 12:42 AM
basically UTG is slightly loose and SB plays any 2 cards. they are about average as far as preflop aggression. I felt it was unlikly that UTG limped with a 4, so he probably had an overpair or a couple of big cards, giving me 5 outs plus a backdoor flush draw. I felt pretty good on the turn, but on the river I was really confused.

helpmeout
12-07-2004, 12:51 AM
UTG has a PP most of the time if not a flush draw.

SB could have anything.

Where is the checkraise on the turn? Do you think a 24/6 is going to have a 4?

wheelz
12-07-2004, 12:51 AM
SB had 56o?

I probably would've called the river, but would not be liking it. I would've been too confused by the SB's bet to figure out a different course of action, though.

56 is the only hand that makes sense though. Very strange line.

sthief09
12-07-2004, 12:59 AM
if I check-raise, I could lose him. If I check-call, then bet the river, he probably calls

spamuell
12-07-2004, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Flop: (3 SB)

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you said you didn't really care about small pots?

I would just fold this flop, your hand is marginal if best, you're not in a good situation if worst and there are pretty much no cards that are going to let you maximise value when ahead.

I'd call the flop if you were going to be all in.