PDA

View Full Version : Gambling affect

the34eagle
12-07-2004, 12:15 AM
Hi I have to do a 10 minute speech on a problem and solution type thing that has to be aimed at college students. So I decided that gambling addiction and online gambling should be the problem...I know some solutions are like gambling adiction anonymous and the likes.

What I was wondering is if you guys had any input on stuff such as like the affect it has on the person, society, etc.
also some solutions to the problems. and who this all affects.

I have to give this 10 min speech on wednesday so I could use alittle help. Thanks I really appreciate it

EliteNinja
12-07-2004, 03:14 AM
Some points I know about gambling:

About 90% of North-American adults have gambled in their life.

4% of those who gamble have a psychological problem which makes them highly addicted to gambling without regards to where they get their money from. These 4% are capable to lying, cheating and stealing to get their money to gamble.

There's a quiz one can take to see whether or not they are a problem gambler. I'm sure you can google it up from Gamblers' Anonymous.

theantelope
12-07-2004, 04:48 AM
So you're applying for a job with a test-prep company?

Kurn, son of Mogh
12-07-2004, 09:37 PM
I'd suggest that if you want a decent grade you should start by looking up the difference between *affect* and *effect* /images/graemlins/cool.gif

stabn
12-08-2004, 12:41 AM
It isn't a problem.