PDA

View Full Version : Party .50 is driving me insane!!

leehrat
12-07-2004, 12:04 AM
Alright..ive played about ~20K hands at party .50/1 and am beating it at about 3BB/100 which i guess is good but the players are [censored] HORRIBLE!!!! i'm starting to not be able to take the bad beats and rubbish players, to the point where i'm cussing everyone out and telling them how bad they are. i can restrain myself on good/mediocre days but some days its just like wtf?! lol should i move up to 1/2? do the players have a semblance of starting hand reqs there? thanks!!

kenberman
12-07-2004, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and am beating it at about 3BB/100 which i guess is good but the players are [censored] HORRIBLE!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

umm, you don't think these two statements are actually a cause and effect thing, do you?

[ QUOTE ]
where i'm cussing everyone out and telling them how bad they are

[/ QUOTE ]
please don't do this.

[ QUOTE ]
do the players have a semblance of starting hand reqs there?

[/ QUOTE ]

I infer that you believe that if they do, it will help your winrate. It won't. You're thinking about this all wrong.

Evolution Crisis
12-07-2004, 12:12 AM
So lemme get this straight... you wanna move up to a higher limit because they might be better there? Wrong reason in my books bud.... maybe anger management is in order? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

leehrat
12-07-2004, 12:18 AM
lol yeah it does piss me off i guess..and i try to think about the long run, but it seems like its that implicit collusion thing you know? if 4 people see the river then someone's going to crack your hand.

sexypanda
12-07-2004, 12:27 AM
You should definitely move up, no question. I recommend the 40/80, I promise you'll have fewer bad beats.

leehrat
12-07-2004, 12:31 AM
thats funny stuff panda..i think i'll try 1/2. thanks for the good help guys

busguy
12-07-2004, 01:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
thats funny stuff panda..i think i'll try 1/2. thanks for the good help guys

[/ QUOTE ]

If it makes you feel better then do it. But these players can be found at every level. If you don't believe me, check it out for yourself. Open up two tables (chose the two with the highest Average Pots) of $15/30 at Party and watch for a few rounds. You will be blown away by some of the hands that are played. I watched a buddy for about 20 minutes the other night on the 4 tables he was playing and was convinced that at least 50% of the players were as bad or worse than those that I see at $2/4 and $3/6.

Good luck with your theory though.

/images/graemlins/blush.gif busguy

DMBFan23
12-07-2004, 01:30 AM
apologies for the sarcasm here, but posts like this come along a lot. playing against better players will only make you win less.

I wish I could direct you to a good post about why we like people cold calling our raises with bad hands. but I dont know where to find a good one.

afk
12-07-2004, 02:44 AM
Name one other sport or game where (if you want to win...) you want to play against better opponents.