PDA

View Full Version : Big draws in the SB and 5-6 players

dealer_toe
12-06-2004, 11:40 PM
I just sat down at the table, and its your typical micro table. It had the highest average pot size of all the 1/2's and the couple hands I watched seemed pretty loose like usual. I know I made a mistake, but it was one of three things. Do I bet out on the flop? or do I check raise flop trying to commit as many people as possible, or do I bet out on the turn when I hit one of my draws? I played it horrible but I dont know which of the three I should have done?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: (5 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks.

River: (5 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 7 BB

kenberman
12-06-2004, 11:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and the couple hands I watched seemed pretty loose like usual

[/ QUOTE ]
then, it may be best to bet out the flop. are aggresive players behind you? if so, hope it gets raised behind you.

the turn card probably helped 1 person: you. So bet the turn, b/c it may get checked through.

Given the turn weakness showed by everyone, leading out the river is fine.

Shillx
12-06-2004, 11:49 PM
Just keep betting on this hand. You could have check/raised the flop in this hand, and I would have if the pot were bigger (say 12 or 14 SB instead of 6 SB). In unraised multiway pots I usually bet the flop and go from there. You don't really have a good reason to check this flop IMO.

Brad

Frank A. Adrian
12-06-2004, 11:50 PM
I'd have bet the turn. Only a 46 beats you. When you're ahead, bet. It usually gets you more than fancy play. Plus, with this hand, betting the turn might make it look like you have something other than a flush draw, inducing a raise from other flush holders when you bet out (and you will bet out, won't you?) on the river.

Brain
12-07-2004, 12:07 AM
Loose players can't call if you don't bet. I'd love to bet/3-bet the flop with 6 players in.

CWsports
12-07-2004, 12:24 AM
You have to bet this flop.