PDA

View Full Version : Simple thing I've been having trouble with.

ddss6_99
12-06-2004, 11:33 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero...

I can see pro's and con's for folding, calling, and raising, but I'm not too sure what to do in situations like this. It's not a very big pot, and I'd much rather be the raiser than be the one calling the raise. I would have raised if limped to me, but maybe that answers my question of what I should have done. Thoughts?

toss
12-06-2004, 11:42 PM
Well that depends on your read of the raiser. If he's a solid player then I would be more inclined to fold. With no reads I probably still fold seeing how theres only two in the pot so far. Hmmmm this may be too weak.

ddss6_99
12-06-2004, 11:45 PM
It was the raiser's 2nd hand at the table so no reads. I let the hand go and only 1 other player called. flop came K109 and I was a little upset about that, but I'm hoping it was the right play.

toss
12-06-2004, 11:51 PM
We'll we all know what SSH says. If its not worth raising, its probably now worth playing. (When cold-calling.)

mr pink
12-06-2004, 11:54 PM
good fold. KJs against is an easy fold, especially against an unknown

Brain
12-06-2004, 11:57 PM
Fold. With more limpers before the raise or more cold-callers after the raise, I'd come in too.

Don't you hate having people raise in front of you when you're planning to raise, but can't call?

ddss6_99
12-07-2004, 12:00 AM
Yeah, I would have loved to play it, but there just wasn't enough money or people in the pot. The blinds folded as well and we would have been 3-handed to the flop. I really wanted to be the one to raise though lol oh well, at least I know the laydown was correct. /images/graemlins/grin.gif