PDA

View Full Version : 2 Blind defense plays

RunDownHouse
12-06-2004, 11:10 PM
I need to work at improving my horrible blind play, so what better way than to have you jackals critique me?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (2 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 2.50 BB

I assume that you bet a flop like this with any 2, right? Fold to the c/r is a no-brainer.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (2 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7 BB

Pop him preflop? Good flop raise?

I really feel like I'm an idiot out of the blinds. Punish me.

Joe826
12-06-2004, 11:32 PM
hand 1 is standard IMO. alot of times you'll get a fold here. although, if my opponent is tricky/laggy i usually just check these out with my trash hands unless i catch a card.

hand 2 again is pretty opponent dependent. i think i'd raise this preflop and lead the flop. the line you took is ok i think but why are you folding this river if you wanted to call through the turn? you're not getting odds to hit one of your outs, so you should probably either be folding to a turn bet or calling the river in this one. again it's kinda tough, i suck at situations like these too. if it's a generally passive opponent i'm folding the turn, if the opponent is a known lag it's an easy call down.

fearme
12-07-2004, 01:25 AM
no i wouldnt bet any2, unless he is a weak passive player, i would bet a lot though since that is a bluffer's flop, fold to a cr is not a must, especially if he is a bluffer, i tend to bluff back, but the way u played it is fine,

yes pop him preflop, yes i like the flop raise, i dont think i like the river fold, only one more bet, its hu, the problem is i know nothing about the player , if he is aggressive, then i call for sure

HelloGoodbye
12-07-2004, 09:16 PM
Hello,

If I call the turn, I would have to call the river in hand #2. Not only would I have a legit chance of winning it, but calling down a weaker hand here or there will keep people from bluffing you less.

Alobar
12-07-2004, 09:34 PM
I havent read any of the other responses.

Hand one is standard in my book. Even if he is bluff raising your bluff, you dont have crap, easy fold.

Hand 2 is an easy raise PF. Depending on the player a turn raise wouldnt be bad. You charge him 2 if hes drawing and you also have the chance to make him fold a better hand. Obviosuly its with intent to take the free showdown. The way you played it, I call the river, there were just to many draws he could be over playing on this flop and none of them got there. Your hand has some value. It will also give you some info on him.

Jeff W
12-07-2004, 10:42 PM
Hand 1: I would rarely or never make this play at Party 1/2. A typical opponent will call with any 2 cards on this flop. After the raise you're dog meat. Fold.

Hand 2: A6s is a monster heads up. Raise pre flop. Don't fold the river, the queen changes nothing and you don't have odds to draw on the turn. The hand plays much easier when you raise pre flop.

TJD
12-08-2004, 08:04 AM
Hand 1 I play the same at 5/10 or 10/20. Never played 1/2 but I can't see that I would do anything else

Hand 2 - Raise PF of course as everyone says; try to take control.

Either cap flop or raise turn. 2nd pair top kicker is a good hand HU. My usual play against an unknown would be to cap flop; bet turn if checked to and probably fold to a raise; check behind on river. The turn raise for a free showdown is good as well but of course this is more expensive (if we are behind) than the first method.

As you played it I do not think call turn/fold river is a viable line, either fold turn or call river.

T

USS Gut Shot
12-08-2004, 08:20 AM
Hand 1: Your bet and fold is the standard play. Once in a while call him on the flop and raise him on the turn.

Hand 2: Usually raise before the flop. Call once in a while to vary your play. Your decision to fold is on the turn. If you call the turn, you are getting 7-1 on your call on the river.