PDA

View Full Version : Steal attempt

zuluking
12-06-2004, 10:34 PM
BB is very tight passive, MP1 is very loose passive and down to his last few bucks.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls $1 (All-In).

River: (9 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: 9 BB

Aaron W.
12-06-2004, 10:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
MP1 is very loose passive and down to his last few bucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since this is part of the thinking, you must consider yourself to be going all in preflop. MP1 seems to have 7 SB (1 preflop, 4 on the flop, and 2 on the turn). Do you really want to make a 7 SB play into a pot that's only 2.5 SB with J6s? I think you can find a much better spot than that.

Frank A. Adrian
12-06-2004, 10:59 PM
I don't care how good you think your read is - I'd still call the raise and call him down. You have only middle pair (and a middle pair that's vulnerable to a lot of higher cards coming), a relatively crappy overcard, no draws of your own to speak of on a small pot, and, let's face it, even fish can catch a hand sometime. Did you feel happy when he showed nothing, or sad when he showed his 23o?

zuluking
12-06-2004, 11:47 PM
bump

kenberman
12-06-2004, 11:55 PM
all due respect, I don't like the post-flop play, and am ambivalent about the pre-flop steal attempt.
[ QUOTE ]
MP1 is very loose passive and down to his last few bucks.

[/ QUOTE ]
if this is the case, then how are you going to steal from him?

after he sticks around on the flop, then he's just gonna spew out his last chips post-flop.