PDA

View Full Version : Early AKo hand

JerseyTom
12-06-2004, 09:44 PM
Looking for input on all streets, esp:
- flop, do you bet, why/why not and how much
- what do you do when MP1 pushes?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP2 (t770)
MP3 (t1555)
CO (t775)
Button (t730)
JerseyTom (t770)
BB (t890)
UTG (t825)
UTG+1 (t840)
MP1 (t845)

Preflop: JerseyTom is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls t15, MP1 calls t15, MP2 calls t15, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises to t45</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">JerseyTom raises to t90</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls t75, MP2 folds, MP3 calls t45.

Flop: (t315) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">JerseyTom bets t200</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises to t755 (All-In)</font>, MP3 folds, JerseyTom...

SmileyEH
12-06-2004, 09:57 PM
Easy call, you are getting better than 2-1 from the pot. Calling is correct even if your opponent has a set.

-SmileyEH

Registrationtoo
12-06-2004, 10:04 PM
i would of raised more preflop. I'm very confused if he has a good hand. Anyone would call that small of a raise with anything. If you would of raised more to like 225 or so i think you would have a much better idea. I think you are way behind. He probably has two pair or hit a set. Id probably call it, depending on the buy in of the tourney. You have about 400 chips left if you fold.

willperkins
12-06-2004, 10:24 PM
Preflop

I would have raised 3 X BB plus the limpers and raiser (t135) although it would have made no difference in the outcome of the hand because MP1 will call you anyway.

Flop

I would not have bet into two players who called your reraise preflop.

MP1 obviously has a hand since he raised and called your reraise (since he called your reraise and did not pop you back, I would put him on QQ).

You have lots of outs, but in reality all you have is Ace high. I would have checked to see what they were going to do.

Since you bet and he pushed, that means you are getting about 2.63 to 1 on pot odds for the rest of your money so someone may tell you to call. You have twelve outs to the nut flush and str8.

If my read is right, and he has a set, and since the blinds are still very low and I would still have t480 it chips, I would have to let it go.

This may be the wrong play, if so, I would love to hear from other people on the correct play.

ChrisV
12-06-2004, 10:48 PM
I don't normally like reraising AK preflop but here I would reraise strongly, to 200 maybe, since the raiser has made quite a weak raise and I'm not that keen to see a multiway flop.

On the flop I would check. That flop is very likely to have hit one of my opponents and any bet pot commits me. I have the odds to commit my stack against something like Ac Qc but not against a set. I'd rather see what my opponents do before making a move. I will checkraise allin against a weak bet and fold to a strong bet. The alternative here is to push allin, since as mentioned any bet pot commits me. As Smiley said the call on the turn is clear as you have sufficient odds even against a set and large equity against a hand like AQ.

ilya
12-06-2004, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Easy call, you are getting better than 2-1 from the pot. Calling is correct even if your opponent has a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

The worst thing he could show you (besides the flopped straight flush) is actually a flopped straight w/1 heart.
But I agree that it's an easy call.
However, I would check instead of betting out (with the intention of check-raising all-in).

JerseyTom
12-07-2004, 04:54 AM
Thanks for the input all. Here's what happened:

<font color="white">
In the end, I breathed deep and called. He showed Js9s. Turn and river were both diamonds giving me the flush.</font>